Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exinobel102 View Post
    Well my discharge is not set until Sept 23 2009 and just got approved for the orchard bank gold card. I know that you are not supposed to apply for credit while in bankruptcy, but my finger slipped over the mouse....oh well....even though I have a low limit of $300.00, I plan on making small purchases such as gas and lunch here in there. The interest rate is not at nosebleed rates and their approval criteria is somewhat lax compared to other credit card issuers. I want to get my credit score to atlease 620 in the next few months. My credit score currently stands as 600 Exp, 606 Equi and 587 Trans.
    your finger slipped ?
    Filed on 7-17-09
    waiting for 341
    341 meeting 8-21-09
    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

I want to try Household after a few months of faithful payment on the Orchard Bank Account. I was looking at their Int rates and they are not actually too bad. They are also backed by HSBC, which ironically I BK'd on but they seem to be BK freindly. Household's approval criteria seems to be similar to Orchard's. They pre approved me for the Household Platinum through their soft hit application on their website, but Im not going to apply anytime soon. I don't want too many inquiries post discharge. My efforts are going to go towards cleaning up my credit reports. Exp and Equi are correct for the most part, with one or two accounts lingering that were included in my petition, shouldn't be too hard to correct, though my transunion report is a total mess. There is a twenty point differnce in my score formt he other to bureaus and I keep on reading that they are the hardest to work with. So I guess Im just goingt o roll up my sleeves and dive right into the dirty work...lol. I keep on hearing that people are getting approved for Cap 1, but are people reading the terms and disclosurs for these cards. Theri "Low int" credit cards all have an int rate of 22%. No Thank You, goos to know that they black listed me...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
        OK, curiosity killed my kids cat. I applied at CAP 1. Here is what the approval said ( copied from the screen) Well, that enough to pay for my conference and hotel.

Credit Limit:$500.00
        Purchase APR: 0% until March 2010. After March 2010, A variable rate, currently equal to 19.8% Transfer APR: A variable rate, currently equal to 19.8%

No, I did not BK Cap 1. I have never liked them. So.. maybe I can benefit from them.
        Congrats! I got the 7-10 day message with Cap 1 and then I got an email today saying my card was mailed. So I have no idea what the limit or APR is (I think when I applied it said 14.99%). I did BK a Cap 1 account and my discharge was in March.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
        341 Meeting: 1/7/09
        Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
        Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Household Bank via HSBC approved me for a card two days after discharge from Chapter 7.

No fees, no annual fee or service fee or any of that stuff. Just a $500 limit, 19% rate, not that I ever plan to carry a balance. I just want to rebuild credit.

I couldn't believe I got approved, but I did have pretty good credit before BK....I paid all my bills up until the month I filed, then BAM! Filed out of nowhere. I heard that can help- not trashing your credit completely. Who knows?

I also didn't bankrupt on HSBC- I had paid them off and had a savings account online with them, with $0 in it, though! Lol.....

Anyhow, maybe you should try them out.
          Filed Chapter 7- May 5, 2009
          341 Meeting- June 22, 2009
          Kept house, all credit cards discharged in August 2010.

Comment

I got my Cap1 card yesterday. It's a $500 limit. I couldn't find any information in the little inserts about APR but I'm pretty sure when I applied it was 14.99. It is the No Hassle Rewards card. YAY.
            Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
            341 Meeting: 1/7/09
            Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
            Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

anyone know about GE.. i would like to apply for care credit for glasses/contacts while improving credit... anyone?

Comment

Orchard Bank ???????????

I have received two offers from Orchard Bank the past couple months. I need a little advice on what company would be the best to have. We have been in BK for two years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattie Smith View Post
                  I have received two offers from Orchard Bank the past couple months. I need a little advice on what company would be the best to have. We have been in BK for two years now.
                  I would first try Capitol One. You can apply online.
                  filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
                  341 meeting 6/4/09
                  DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

Capital One will not approve me for anything. We tried them for car loan and credit card. All the denial letters I keep getting from them cite "seriously delinquency with captial one accounts" ... I only bk'd a credit card with them with a 1,500 dollar balance. So, apparently they forgive everyone but me... :P
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I just applied for a Cap One card and got approved for $1000 with $39 yearly fee and 0% APR till April 2010 and then 19.8% after. Nice. I have been credit card free since I stopped all payments in Oct '08. Filed for BK in late April 09.

I had my BK discharged in Aug 09 and closed in Sept 09, less than 2 months ago. I will continue to be a cash/debit card only person but like many others here I want to slowly begin to rebuild my credit by making and paying off small purchases.

Comment

Wal-Mart approves cards for $100??

Originally posted by Tiedyedsky View Post
                        HAHA! I will tell my husband. He saw that I asked that and said it was a dumb question that of course it can only be used at Target! Thanks for the info!

I also just applied for a credit card at Wal-mart and my husband was approved for $100 and I got approved for $490! Yay!
                        Filed: 11/9/09 341 Meeting:12/21/09 No assets! Discharged: 5/24/10
                        10/2010:EQUIFAX: 589, TRANSUNION: 644, EXPERIAN: 591

Comment

Originally posted by prettyobk View Post
                          Wal-Mart approves cards for $100??

lol. Wow
                          Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

Smart moves. My lawyer filed this week. Says by Feb/March I should be discharged.

Originally posted by Doghouse View Post
                            I just applied for a Cap One card and got approved for $1000 with $39 yearly fee and 0% APR till April 2010 and then 19.8% after. Nice. I have been credit card free since I stopped all payments in Oct '08. Filed for BK in late April 09.

I had my BK discharged in Aug 09 and closed in Sept 09, less than 2 months ago. I will continue to be a cash/debit card only person but like many others here I want to slowly begin to rebuild my credit by making and paying off small purchases.
                            Filed: 11/9/09 341 Meeting:12/21/09 No assets! Discharged: 5/24/10
                            10/2010:EQUIFAX: 589, TRANSUNION: 644, EXPERIAN: 591

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                              Capital One will not approve me for anything. We tried them for car loan and credit card. All the denial letters I keep getting from them cite "seriously delinquency with captial one accounts" ... I only bk'd a credit card with them with a 1,500 dollar balance. So, apparently they forgive everyone but me... :P
                              Looks like I'm triple damned! Since I have three current accounts (credit cards) with them (paid on time from day one and until the filing 11/2), but listed them in my Chp 7 filing last week. After my discharge in 2/2010, should I try and apply with them or look else were like Orchard or HSBC? Capital One is the only one of my credit cards I have kept up as they are the only company that would work with me (due a pay cuts), unlike Chase/WAHU, and Citi.

I know that I let the CC's get out of hand and only having a Visa debit will not be helpful on rebuilding my credit... so just trying to come up a strategy after Chp 7! Any words of wisdom?
                              November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

Those of you who got hsbc (household bank) cards, was it instant? Did you get the 10-14 day response when applied online.

Tanya
                                Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
                                Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
                                On The Road To Rebuilding
                                5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X