cell phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cell phones

If a person has one or two contract phones and pays them everymonth does it do anything for there credit. I ran sprint and they told me 100 bucks down and the cost of the phone. Guess the wrote off the bill from 6 years ago. I am thinking about doing it if it will help. IF not no reason has i have one now through my parents

Generally, cell phone companies do NOT report positive payments. They only report collections.

I wouldn't do it. Why spend $100 plus the cost of the phone, plus a monthly bill, for something that you do not need just in the hopes of "building credit." I consider that to be a bad financial move, similar to getting a high annual fee (notice I didn't say interest- there is no interest on a grace period card if you pay it every month) credit card just to rebuild credit... not a good financial move!
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
      If a person has one or two contract phones and pays them everymonth does it do anything for there credit. I ran sprint and they told me 100 bucks down and the cost of the phone. Guess the wrote off the bill from 6 years ago. I am thinking about doing it if it will help. IF not no reason has i have one now through my parents
      they will run your credit- but it's just like your electric bill, internet bill etc; it won't build credit.

It's just a bill due.
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

kind of what i thought. I have one now just figured it might help to get it in my name. Guess my credit went up or something fell off. As i got a auto loan. After two turn downs in 08. Sprint wanted 500 deposit this spring then sent me a letter saying i only need a 100 deposit. Guess i need to run my credit and check.

Comment

I had a GoPhone account for a couple of years and then T-Mobile sent me an offer a couple of years ago that required no deposit and gave me two free phones with a two year contract. I just resigned for another two years and upgraded our phones. For my daughter and with all taxes and fees included, our family plan is $76 a month. The Go Phone deal wasn't bad at all. If you go over your minutes, just add some funds, otherwise you pay monthly like you do a contract account.
          12/05/08 - filed pro se
          01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
          04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
          6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I wouldn't be signing any cell phone contracts with anyone. The price of cell service is dropping like a rock. Any contract you sign today will be cheaper tomorrow.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X