Chexsystem + New Checking Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chexsystem + New Checking Account

I really need to get a new checking account!

I live in Minnesota, does anyone know of any banks / credit unions in Minnesota that don't use chexsystems?

Also, if I filed BK on US bank (discharged 12/21/2009) I assume that I can not have US Bank cash a check for me for the next 10 year, right?

I ask only because I was issued a Financial Aid check this weekend and the University uses US Bank so that option is out because I filed on them, right?

I'd be super embarrassed to go in there and be turned away.

It's sad, I can't find a way to cash this check. I tried Walmart check cashing; however, their stupid Cenergy system said I've cashed too many checks recently (which is crap because I haven't cashed a single check through them since October when I cashed a $200 check from them).

So I'm stuck.

Where can I get a checking account while being on chexsystem??

I know there used to be a thread / forums just for this subject but it's gone now.

Something in your post raised a red flag to me - the situation with Walmart. If I were you, I would get a copy of your credit reports immediately and ensure no one is using or has used your identity. Hopefully someone else on here can help you with your other check cashing questions...

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Check with Walmart management and they can give you the phone number of their check systems provider. Call the provider, and you can more than likely get an answer to your problems. You can also ask for a form to fill out that will help to get your checks accepted provided that everything is legit.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

You should be able to cash the check at the issuing bank, regardless of your status with that bank. Of course that doesn't help with your account problem. I'd try local credit unions and smaller local banks in your area.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I read somewhere that Chexsystems only keeps information on file for 5 years. I am not sure if that is true.

In case you needed to know, you are entitled to see your Chexsystems Report once a year for FREE, just like you are entitled to a free credit report from Experian, Equifax and Transunion.

Here is the link to request it:

I also read the following at this web site: http://www.chexsystemsdisputes.com/D...file_a_ch.html

Sorry, I don't really know how credible their information is, but it might be worth a try.

If you have had a bankruptcy and included the bank(s) that have reported you to ChexSystems then you may want to try the following option before filing a dispute. Most people believe that they will be able to open a checking account and get a fresh start after bankruptcy. This is not true. Bankruptcy can help with bounced checks but it doesn’t solve all the problems.

In this situation again you must remember that Chexsystems is a credit reporting agency. The same as bankruptcy will not erase a collection on Equifax, Experian, or Transunion, it will not remove your name from Chexsystems.

If you do file bankruptcy you can at the very least get your report to show as paid if you cant get them to remove the entry.

Recently more and more people have been requesting removal from chexsystems after a bankruptcy is discharged and to our surprise, they have been removing many records ..here is a good sample letter below that may help in that request

Your Name
          Your Address
          Chexsystems Consumer Relations
          7805 Hudson Road
          Suite 100
          Woodbury, MN 55125
          Date
          RE: Consumer ID # (your consumer ID # here)

To Whom It May Concern:
          I filed a bankruptcy on (date) which included the debt that you show on your records. I was advised that sending in proper documentation showing that the debt was included in my bankruptcy and was discharged on (date) would allow this record to be removed. This report is SEVERELY (if not completely) restricting my banking abilities.

If the debt described above has been resolved, I ask that you remove, or have removed, any derogatory marks from my Chexsystems, and Credit reports per the FCRA and send me confirmation that you have done so within 30 days of this letter. Thank you for your time and assistance with this important matter.

My contact information is as follows:

Your Name (printed or typed, not signed)
          SSN
          Address

Good luck!

Comment

When I was issued a financial aid check from a bank that I was not on great terms with, I reluctantly went in and tried to cash it anyway. They asked if I had an account there (I did at the time and it was overdrawn) and I said no. They cashed the check with no questions asked because it was drawn from them. This was Bank of America.

Wal-Mart wouldn't cash the check for me because it wasn't a payroll check or tax refund and I didn't want to pay a check cashing company up to 10% (max $100) to cash it.

In regards to Chexsystems, I included the bank above in my CH7 so the debt was discharged. I couldn't get a checking account due to them reporting to Chexsystems. Anyway, short story long, I sent in a copy of my discharge and a investigation form to Chexsystems requesting that the accounts be removed because the debt was no longer owed. I got a letter from Chex today saying that the debt was removed. Immediately thereafter I applied for a checking account at Key Bank and was approved!

Good luck!

Comment

I disputed my CHEX systems report, and they removed the negative mark from my report - they have to legally, if you filed bk.

Its very easy to do and several members have reported success (me too!)
              Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
              Discharged 4-17-09!!!
              Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
              "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Comment

Originally posted by Intoodeep80 View Post
                I disputed my CHEX systems report, and they removed the negative mark from my report - they have to legally, if you filed bk.

Its very easy to do and several members have reported success (me too!)
                I know this thread is over a year old, and I'm not discharged yet, but from reading some of the previous posts, all I need to do is send Chex a copy of my BK filing, and they will remove the negative info from the banks that reported me? Should I send in a copy of the page on my creditors matrix that lists the banks, so Chex will know they were included in my filing?
                Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

I sent in that sample letter last week to chexsystems, I will update you guys on the hopeful removals of my file.
                  Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

All I sent them was a copy of the paper I was given with the case number and it was deleted. I didn't even have to wait for a discharge. If you are in Telecheck they will do the same but if you are reported to EWS they will have you wait till you get your discharge and change the amount to 0 but won't remove it.. they suck!

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan2010 View Post
                      I sent in that sample letter last week to chexsystems, I will update you guys on the hopeful removals of my file.
                      Please keep me updated

Comment

Originally posted by prindia View Post
                        All I sent them was a copy of the paper I was given with the case number and it was deleted. I didn't even have to wait for a discharge. If you are in Telecheck they will do the same but if you are reported to EWS they will have you wait till you get your discharge and change the amount to 0 but won't remove it.. they suck!
                        I'm aware of Telecheck, but what is EWS? Is that something totally different than Chexsystems, and Telecheck? Also, how long did it take for Chex to delete your negative info, once you sent them the copy of your BK case number?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
                          I'm aware of Telecheck, but what is EWS? Is that something totally different than Chexsystems, and Telecheck? Also, how long did it take for Chex to delete your negative info, once you sent them the copy of your BK case number?
                          EWS is Early Warning System.. Most likely if you are reported to chex you are reported to EWS. I was reported by Bank of America and Washington Mutual (Chase).

It took about ten days to have them deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by prindia View Post
                            EWS is Early Warning System.. Most likely if you are reported to chex you are reported to EWS. I was reported by Bank of America and Washington Mutual (Chase).

It took about ten days to have them deleted.
                            So how do I go about getting a copy of my telecheck, and EWS report? I already have a copy of my Chex report.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
                              So how do I go about getting a copy of my telecheck, and EWS report? I already have a copy of my Chex report.
                              If you have had a bankruptcy, ChexSystems will remove you.

Chexsystems does have a department that deal with those that have filed a bankruptcy

The direct number to the BK department. It is (800) 934-5458 . You need to simply fax over the document you received when you filed (you don't have to wait for discharge papers). It shows the date of filing, the case number, the trustee and judge, etc The fax number is 602-659-2197

For telecheck we are also told people are being removed by sending in bankruptcy papers to fax number 402-916-8160. I don't have the number on me right now for Telecheck but I think if you google them you can find them. You can call and see if you are in their system.

For Early Warning Services (EWS) we are being told that they will not remove you if you have filed or had a bankruptcy discharged. If the report shows an amount owed, they will however change it to 0.00 owed. You can contact them at 800-325-7775 to find out how.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X