cap one approved me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cap one approved me!

Took suggestions from some of threads here. Applied online and got approved. Was only discharged this past friday. Go figure. I did not bk with them btw. That's me for a year or so. Only rebuilding so I can buy me a house.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

That's amazing, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
      That's amazing, congratulations!
      thanks! I was suprised it was 500 limit.

Comment

Capital one were the 1st ones to approve me. I was very excited as I knew I was on my way back from a horrible time. Now I have a brand new car just a little over 3 months post discharge.
        Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
        341 meeting 4/18/2010
        Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
        FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

We actually bk'd on cap 1 and still got approved for a $500 limit card right after discharge.

Comment

What's a good second card to get? I was thinking one is enough but if two can help the rebuild of credit faster I'd be willing.

Comment

Capital One is trying to garnish me right now, and not trying to preach and I am sure after going through a BK you already know, but pay your bill with them. They do not mess around. A $400 card is now $1400.

Congrats!!!
              Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

nc73, try Orchard (HSBC) bank. They are good.
                Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Originally posted by tyson24 View Post
                  Capital One is trying to garnish me right now, and not trying to preach and I am sure after going through a BK you already know, but pay your bill with them. They do not mess around. A $400 card is now $1400.

Congrats!!!
                  Yeah I've heard how bad they are. Hopefully I won't use them much! Good luck with them!

Comment

I received an offer in the mail from Cap One. Read it over carefully. 0% APR for 8 months. Only fee I noticed was $39 annually. Applied on line and got approved. Had a Cap One card included in my BK, which was discharged in early-Aug of this year.
                    Filed: 4/30/2010; 341: 6/7/2010; Discharged: 8/11/2010; Closed: 8/16/2010

Comment

The cap one offer is one of the better offers you are going to get early on post discharge. Cap One is good about increasing credit limits if you are responsible with the card.
                      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I just cancelled my card after having one for a year. They were not supposed to have a annual fee and they charged me with one this week. I called them up and closed down the card. They said the annual fee will be taken off. However, if I don't pay off the balance in full with in 90 days they can reassess the fee. They were my first card out of BK.

Comment

Closing the card is going to negate any positive effects it had on your credit. It will now not be considered an open trade line.

Comment

Yup the longer the TL is open the better. It will also mess up your available credit ratio which decreases your score.

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
                              Yup the longer the TL is open the better. It will also mess up your available credit ratio which decreases your score.
                              Yes, I totally agree with you nc73. There is no reason to close the card. Simply don't use the card, which would be better than opening a trade line and then closing it several months later. The yearly fee is a small price to pay for having a positive trade line when it comes time to get a decent rate for a car or a mortgage, in my opinion.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X