Hooters card right after bk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooters card right after bk?

Anyone had any success right after bankruptcy? All else fails I'll just wait 6 months. I've got my Cap One a few days after bk. All the other cards charge too many fees.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

I got my Hooter's card 6 months after discharge... Credit1 and Best Buys Rewards a few days after discharge... so you shouldn't have an issue an getting one.
    November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

NC, Just got our Cap 1 card. if you apply for Hooters please let us know the outcome.
      Filled 5-2010
      7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
      8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by SPalin View Post
        I got my Hooter's card 6 months after discharge... Credit1 and Best Buys Rewards a few days after discharge... so you shouldn't have an issue an getting one.
        Got turned down for the BBR card. Too many inquiries probably. I will try hooters card in 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
          Got turned down for the BBR card. Too many inquiries probably. I will try hooters card in 6 months.
          Don't worry I applied for a Orchard card just before applying for the Hooters and was denied as having too may accounts with HSBC (I only have the BBR???), so applied for the Hooters, much better card and Bank in my opinion! Wait the six months and you'll probably get a no AF and a higher CL card than with HSBC!
          November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

out of curiosity I applied for hooters CC card issued by merrick. I was discharged 6 months ago. I was approved so when I get the card next week, it will go straight in the grill.
            This Forum is better than any lawyer I met.

Comment

Originally posted by chriselle View Post
              out of curiosity I applied for hooters CC card issued by merrick. I was discharged 6 months ago. I was approved so when I get the card next week, it will go straight in the grill.
              It seems they don't approve right after bankruptcy but 6 months after seems sufficient. Oh put the old card in the grill but don't close the account! Better to have open accounts without balances.

Comment

I got my hooters card about 2 months after discharge.
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

How did you apply for a Hooters card? On-line? Where you pre-approved?
                  Thanks

Comment

I applied on-line, and didn't have a pre-approval solicitation.

Comment

Hooters approves soon after discharge, but has a proprietary model for who they approve. They do not like to see a lot of other credit recently applied for. I never applied for them because I just couldn't bring myself to carry a hooters card around.
                      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I was approved for one right out of bankruptcy. About a week or so. I applied online and it said 7-10 days. Ten days later I got a call from the bank to verify information.

Comment

FWIW, I applied maybe 1-2 months out of discharge for hooters and got declined. I applied a few weeks ago (about 1 year after discharge) and got approved with a NO AF card w/ a 1,000 CL at 16.49APR i think. From what I read, they do CLI's about every 6 months and can be generous if you're using the card responsibly. I hope this helps.
                          Filed 6/4/09
                          341 7/6/09
                          Discharged 9/23/09

Comment

Ok so I applied for the Hooters card on November 6th and I still haven't heard anything. Does that mean that rejected me?
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Meh View Post
                              FWIW, I applied maybe 1-2 months out of discharge for hooters and got declined. I applied a few weeks ago (about 1 year after discharge) and got approved with a NO AF card w/ a 1,000 CL at 16.49APR i think. From what I read, they do CLI's about every 6 months and can be generous if you're using the card responsibly. I hope this helps.
                              That's not exactly true. I received my card 10/09 with a 1,100 limit and have charged it up and paid it off a number of times over and never received any sort of credit limit increase until my 1 year anniversary and it was just a 200.00 increase. Others here have yet to see an increase from them.
                              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X