No announcement yet.

Approved for a Cap one card Wife and I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get a cap. 1 card.. do I just go to their site?? Is there a specific one I should apply for? my ch 7 was discharged 8.9.10

Comment

OH and my bk wasn't caused by cc's either./ It was caused by a huge mortgage that we struggled to pay and had to live on the cc's since the mortgage was so high. we didn't buy anything frivolous... food and necessities. I wish I had bought crap lol

Comment

Just go to their site and look for the credit card application page. They have several different types of cards. You should get a decision online.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Pathfinders,

Which Capital One Card did you get? There are many different types to choose from on their website. Please let me know. Thanks!
          Filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy : 5th of August, 2008
          341 Hearing : 18th of September, 2008
          Discharged : 24th of November, 2008

Comment

Movin

Cap one Platinum rewards, APR after the 1 year of Zero will go to 15.49%) Annual fee $39.00,

as you apply on line they will give you a decision instantly

Good Luck
            Filled 5-2010
            7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
            8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
              I just checked my credit scores last night as I hadn't checked them in awhile. They are all around 695 (thats a fico score, except for experian where you can't get a fico score). I am almost 11 months post discharge. Although my scores kept going up and down as I obtained my new credit, my scores were all around 600 at filing bk and 620-630 immediately afterwards. When I got my first cap one card 3 weeks post discharge, my scores went up to 650-660 a month later. Time, and showing a positive credit history has raised them another 30-45 points. It would be interesting to see how my scores compare with someone who filed and was discharged around the same time I was, but did not get credit cards to rebuild. My guess is that my scores would be higher at this point.
              I could look up my Experian FICO score at work by using my employer's software. Do you think knowing my true FICO would be worth the hard hit on my CR?

Comment

Originally posted by mijd View Post
                I could look up my Experian FICO score at work by using my employer's software. Do you think knowing my true FICO would be worth the hard hit on my CR?
                A hard hit is not going to affect your score that much, and if you can a genuine fico score for free that way I think it's worth it. As a note, often these types of credit checks are soft hits and not hard hits so you may not even get the hard hit to the report.
                You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I keep getting capitol one offers... the interest rate keeps going down with each one they send. The most current one I got was no annual fee, credit reporting to all 3 major agencies, and 0% interest until October 2011 and a 22.9% apr after that. Should I continue to hold out and see how much better the deal can get, or should I go ahead an apply for one? I want to rebuild my credit... I am only looking for a small credit limit at this point because I would only use it to pay something I plan on paying anyway... like electric, or gasoline etc.

Suggestions anyone??
                  Last edited by dneil; 01-10-2011, 05:47 AM.
                  My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

My experience with Capital One is they have offered two different platinum cards, one with 19.9% interest, the other with 22.9%, the latter with no annual fee. The interest rate has not gone down with new offers. CO has explained the interest rate can go down and the credit limit can increase with a good "track" record of making payments on time etc. If you are planning on paying off your balance each month, I would go with the card with no annual fee. You have to be careful with the "0%" interest grace period, you can run up your balance and not be able to pay if off before the interest rate kicks in. Then you're stuck paying 22.9% on the remaining balance. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Thanks Mijd- this is the one I was just approved for... the one with O% interest until October 2011, no annual fee and 22.9% interest.
                      My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

That's great dneal! I've been with Capital One over 5 months now and have had nothing but a good experience. They are right on by reporting to the CBs which does wonders for your FICO.

Comment

Grats! You'll most likely get the auto credit limit increase after 3 months of good behavior too. Capital One seems to be a very good bankruptcy rebuilder.

I thought it was amusing I just logged into my capital one account and I have this lovely balance transfer offer... it says:

Transfer a balance at your existing purchase rate. No Fee! See offer details. Hide offer details.
                          APR
                          Your everyday purchase rate of 17.9% Variable will apply.
                          TRANSACTION FEE
                          None

I'm like what is so good about a balance transfer at 17.9%? lol.
                          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by mijd View Post
                            There is no online service that allows you to pull your own Experian FICO, so if you can get it for free with your Employer... hell ya do it. There is one credit union called PSECU that provides you with your experian fico on a quarterly basis but other than that... there is nothing out there that you as a consumer can use to get your EX FICO.
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                              Grats! You'll most likely get the auto credit limit increase after 3 months of good behavior too. Capital One seems to be a very good bankruptcy rebuilder.

I thought it was amusing I just logged into my capital one account and I have this lovely balance transfer offer... it says:

Transfer a balance at your existing purchase rate. No Fee! See offer details. Hide offer details.
                              APR
                              Your everyday purchase rate of 17.9% Variable will apply.
                              TRANSACTION FEE
                              None

I'm like what is so good about a balance transfer at 17.9%? lol.
                              I know right? I remember back in the "good old days" when I did the transfer balance thing quite often. At one point with my Citibank card, I had a low apr of 1.7% with a 15k credit limit. I transfered a balance to that card and did ok for about a year, at which time I did a payment on the due day but 15 minutes past 5pm EST. My interest rate reverted back to 17%. In those times one slip up and bang....

Comment

Just FYI, if you want to rebuild your credit BUT want to ease your mind when it comes to debt, CapOne is also offering a SECURED Platinum Card where you can increase your credit-line on your own. They also report to all 3 bureaus.

That's the one I'm going to pick...

Here's an interesting link:

Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                                FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                                FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X