Credit Score ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Score ?

Could someone tell me the reason for such a difference in the one score?

TransUnion 664
    Experian 571
    Equafax 652

I've looked at the reports and didn't see anything different on Experian. Do they each have completely different methods of computing your score?
    ==================================
    Filed: 4-30-2010
    341 Complete: 6-16-2010
    Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Experian does not let consumers see their actual fico scores, so your experian score is calculated using their proprietary scoring model, not the fico model.

I would check and make sure that all of your accounts are aged properly, and showing included in bankruptcy with a 0 balance, just to make sure though.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Most likely due to something different on your Experian credit report rather than a difference in how they score it. That being said my wife's Truecredit Experian FAKO score is about 50 points higher than the others even though all three reports are as close to the same as I can tell.

Where did you get your scores?
      Chapter 7 asset case
      Filed 1/8/10; 341 2/8/10 (10 minutes);
      Discharged 4/12/10; Closed 11/4/10

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
        Experian does not let consumers see their actual fico scores, so your experian score is calculated using their proprietary scoring model, not the fico model.

I would check and make sure that all of your accounts are aged properly, and showing included in bankruptcy with a 0 balance, just to make sure though.
        Does anyone know why Experian won't let consumers see their actual Fico scores? For something so detrimental to almost everyone's economic life, it seems strange.

Comment

Originally posted by mijd View Post
          Does anyone know why Experian won't let consumers see their actual Fico scores? For something so detrimental to almost everyone's economic life, it seems strange.
          Experian wants to sell consumers their own proprietary score. They were in a long legal wrangle with the fico folks which eventually resulted in Experian deciding to not sell fico scores to consumers, but to only provide them to creditors. The score that Experian is selling on it's site is pretty much useless however.

Comment

Don't feel bad... my three scores have always been all over the place. Equifax is usually my lowest one and Trans Union is typically the highest. And its off by over 50 points between all three. A lot of it for me is that most every company inquires to Equifax... so, I have a lot more inqueries on my equifax report than on my trans union. I haven't done a full update on all three scores recently but I think my equifax score is around 650 and my trans union score is 720. My TU score is also higher because for some reason they are only marking 2 of my bankruptcy accounts as "derrogatory" instead of all 15 or so of them. I'm certainly not going to complain about that.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Amy, that is quite a difference between 720 and 650. I always thought the 700's was a decent score. Not the greatest but above average. 5 days from Chapter 7 discharge my three are 657 Esp, 651 TU and 645 Equifax. There were a couple of errors in my favor but most everything else was right on. I believe any creditor reading my CR will notice any trival mistakes.

Comment

The real reason:

Credit scores are a scam and a waste of your time. It's a debt score.....or "how much kissy face you play with the bank." I love that quote.
                New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by mijd View Post
                  Amy, that is quite a difference between 720 and 650. I always thought the 700's was a decent score. Not the greatest but above average. 5 days from Chapter 7 discharge my three are 657 Esp, 651 TU and 645 Equifax. There were a couple of errors in my favor but most everything else was right on. I believe any creditor reading my CR will notice any trival mistakes.
                  Most creditors won't even read your reports. Creditors use a combination of proprietary models and weighted scores (like the auto fico for example) to make their decisions. Notations on reports are rarely looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                    Most creditors won't even read your reports. Creditors use a combination of proprietary models and weighted scores (like the auto fico for example) to make their decisions. Notations on reports are rarely looked at.
                    I've had a couple of mortgage loans where they scrubbed my credit reports, but that was a number of years ago.
                    Chapter 7 asset case
                    Filed 1/8/10; 341 2/8/10 (10 minutes);
                    Discharged 4/12/10; Closed 11/4/10

Comment

Originally posted by redhunter View Post
                      I've had a couple of mortgage loans where they scrubbed my credit reports, but that was a number of years ago.
                      Mortgages would be the exception to what I said above. They will always look at your credit in detail. But credit cards, and auto loans will not look at the details.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X