Date Updated question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date Updated question

Hello BK People... Good to be on this side of the fence as oppose to the waiting for discharge side (I think that process aged me an additional 10 years).

I have cleaned up my report for the most part but have a question.

I had a line of credit with a bank that was IIB. It displays IIB and closed on 3/2010. My discharge was 9/2010. My question is there is a field on the TU report labeled 'Date Updated'. The bank is updating this to the current month each month (it is at 11/2010 now). Is this correct? Does it hurt my score at all? Below is a copy and paste. Thanks for the help!

Balance:
    Date Updated: 11/2010
    High Balance: $ 5,000
    Credit Limit: $ 5,000
    Terms:
    Minimum $ 300
    Pay Status: Unrated
    Account Type:
    Line of Credit Account
    Responsibility:
    Joint Account
    Date Opened: 03/2007
    Date Closed: 03/2010
    Loan Type: Line of Credit Account -
    Line of Credit Remark: >Chapter 7 bankruptcy<
    Estimated date that this item will be removed: 10/2016

Originally posted by ugghh View Post
    Hello BK People... Good to be on this side of the fence as oppose to the waiting for discharge side (I think that process aged me an additional 10 years).

I have cleaned up my report for the most part but have a question.

I had a line of credit with a bank that was IIB. It displays IIB and closed on 3/2010. My discharge was 9/2010. My question is there is a field on the TU report labeled 'Date Updated'. The bank is updating this to the current month each month (it is at 11/2010 now). Is this correct? Does it hurt my score at all? Below is a copy and paste. Thanks for the help!

Balance:
    Date Updated: 11/2010
    High Balance: $ 5,000
    Credit Limit: $ 5,000
    Terms:
    Minimum $ 300
    Pay Status: Unrated
    Account Type:
    Line of Credit Account
    Responsibility:
    Joint Account
    Date Opened: 03/2007
    Date Closed: 03/2010
    Loan Type: Line of Credit Account -
    Line of Credit Remark: >Chapter 7 bankruptcy<
    Estimated date that this item will be removed: 10/2016
    No, if just the updated date is updated your score will not be lowered. If the date closed is updated to a recent date that would affect your score. If you are seeing a charge off status in the current date when you look at the payment timeline, that would also affect your score negatively.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      No, if just the updated date is updated your score will not be lowered. If the date closed is updated to a recent date that would affect your score. If you are seeing a charge off status in the current date when you look at the payment timeline, that would also affect your score negatively.
      I was hoping you would reply

Thank you for your answer!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X