Credit Score - You Need To Know!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We pulled our cr last night. N.A.C.S is finally off my husbands cr. His score went from 573 to 607. (experian) In one month. Found a couple mistakes on mine! Equifax has my name spelled wrong. What a pain. Experian says that I owe 1200 on an auto loan that was paid off in july of 2002! Got to call the bank and get that fixed. I pulled all three of my cr last night and they range from 570-683! Equifax 570 Experian 601 and Transunion 683. Only 2 months out of bk. Can't wait to see what they are in a couple more months.

YOU GO GIRL!!!! Get those corrections taken care of now, in a few months find a secured cc and pay it off each month.....that cc score will climb back up............

LOOKING GOOD,

Minny
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

It just disgusts and amazes me that there are no standards on the different bureaus HUGE discrepancies in scores. *shaking my head* perhaps that will come some day.
      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Good job!

Congratulations! Keep working at it.

Comment

The key to managing and maintaining your credit is understanding the following five factors that go into calculating your FICO* score.

1. Payment History (35%)
          Paying your bills on time is the best thing you can do for your rating.

2. Outstanding Debt (30%)
          "If you have credit cards you're close to maxing out, that doesn't help your FICO score," Fair Isaac's Ryan Sjoblad says.

3. Length of Credit (15%)
          The longer you've had an account and handled it well, the better.

4. Credit Mix (10%)
          Having a mortgage, a car payment, and student loans is preferable to having just credit cards.

5. Searches for Credit (10%)

FICO research has shown that a flurry of simultaneous applications for credit indicates an unsettled, and risky, financial situation.

Source: Are You CREDITWORTHY?
          By: Chris Warren
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I've been trying to get names/addressed corrected. (Some addresses are listed multiple times, such as 123 Street apt A, 123 A Street, 123 Street, A123 Street. My name has some variations that wrong, like missing letters or having additional ones added.) Just got a copy of my credit report from EX, in response to that request, and it just has a comment that the names & addresses are supplied by the creditors, blah blah blah. Not only was there no removal of the bad ones, but the letter was addressed to StacieMM rather StaciMM.
            Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Originally posted by StaciMM
              I've been trying to get names/addressed corrected. (Some addresses are listed multiple times, such as 123 Street apt A, 123 A Street, 123 Street, A123 Street. My name has some variations that wrong, like missing letters or having additional ones added.) Just got a copy of my credit report from EX, in response to that request, and it just has a comment that the names & addresses are supplied by the creditors, blah blah blah. Not only was there no removal of the bad ones, but the letter was addressed to StacieMM rather StaciMM.

Experian is the worst one to deal with for addresses. They have three on mine of places that I have never lived, and in states I have never set foot in. They claim that someone who pulled my credit at one time or another put that in as my mailing address, and that it must stay.

I told them that unless they could prove and verify it, that they were to remove it, or I was going to sue them under the FCRA for false information my credit report.

I am still waiting to hear back from them....
              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted
                Experian is the worst one to deal with for addresses. They have three on mine of places that I have never lived, and in states I have never set foot in. They claim that someone who pulled my credit at one time or another put that in as my mailing address, and that it must stay.

I told them that unless they could prove and verify it, that they were to remove it, or I was going to sue them under the FCRA for false information my credit report.

I am still waiting to hear back from them....
                Great we have the same problem. they have our address misspelled, and numbers wrong, and my father-in-laws address is on my husbands. His dad just bought that house 2 yrs ago, and we have lived her 7 years...Do not know how that happened?? I will start up the papers now to start disputing , thanks for the heads up!
                pink_amulet

Comment

Go the easy way !

Originally posted by pink_amulet
                  Great we have the same problem. they have our address misspelled, and numbers wrong, and my father-in-laws address is on my husbands. His dad just bought that house 2 yrs ago, and we have lived her 7 years...Do not know how that happened?? I will start up the papers now to start disputing , thanks for the heads up!
                  pink_amulet

Go to their website and you can do it directly in their data base ! I had corrected and cleaned up all of my errors and got them to update and correct how several companies were reporting after my BK 7. It took all of about an hour to do it on line. ( I had 48 companies reporting and 22 had to be disputed and corrected, everything was corrected within 72 hours ! ) I love the internet !!!!!

Best Regards

Comment

Disputing online isn't always that easy, trust me . I've been fighting with Experian now since last September. They continue to show an account w/MBNA that MBNA acquired from another creditor ... another sore subject for me because I'll never understand why one bank would purchase another bank's bad account that was already included in bankruptcy. Nevertheless, now Experian refuses to reflect accurate information regarding this account at MBNA. I've disputed online, in writing, and as well as with the BBB. As of today the results come back as "updated" and "verified". Experian continues to report the MBNA account as "charged-off" and will not state the account was "included in bankruptcy".

Now, I've found a sample letter on another website that states when the credit bureau refuses to budge that we should demand "validation" of the information directly from the original creditor prior to suing pursuant to FCRA. Has anyone had success going this route? According to the website, sample letter and statutes, apparently I only need to allow the original creditor (in this case MBNA) 30 days to respond to my request for validation - I'm asking for the actual acquisition date of the account along with the exact date of the charge-off. In addition I'm asking for $2000 (not likely, I know) for each of the inaccurate reportings on my credit report.

Sorry this is so long, but it just burns me up to see the inaccuracies between credit bureaus and I need to vent.

Do you guys think I'm headed in the right direction in trying to correct the listing with Experian? At this point, I'm open to any suggestion.

Comment

sure you are. they must report information correctly. document each step you take and after a few months you can take them to court at a $1000 a pop. they might settle beforehand if you have a case.
                      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
                      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
                      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
                      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

LinSC-
                        Was it charged off & sold BEFORE or after you filed BK? If that happened before filing, unfortunately, they may be reporting correctly. If they sold the account, then you didn't owe them anything, the debt to the purchasing co. was included in the BK.
                        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Disputing online isn't always that easy, trust me . I've been fighting with Experian now since last September. They continue to show an account w/MBNA that MBNA acquired from another creditor ... another sore subject for me because I'll never understand why one bank would purchase another bank's bad account that was already included in bankruptcy. Nevertheless, now Experian refuses to reflect accurate information regarding this account at MBNA. I've disputed online, in writing, and as well as with the BBB. As of today the results come back as "updated" and "verified". Experian continues to report the MBNA account as "charged-off" and will not state the account was "included in bankruptcy".
                          YUCK! And here I came to see how to get mine fixed. Granted, my bk just was disharged this month, but MBNA says charged off (and some other stuff) on my report while all the others say included in bk.

Here's what it says exactly:

Date Open: Nov, 1995
                          Balance: $0
                          Balance Date: Dec 9, 2004
                          High Balance: Not reported
                          Credit Limit/Orig. Amt.: $25,000
                          Past Due: $0
                          Remarks: Transferred to another lender or claim purchased
                          Payment Status: Charge-off

Comment

The MBNA account wasn't charged-off prior to my bankruptcy discharge. My bankruptcy was discharged in June 2005, the credit report shows the account was charged off November 2005!! Plus, it's a credit card account that MBNA purchased that was included on my creditor matrix.

I sent a request to MBNA via certified mail during the end of January requesting they validate the information that they are apparently reporting to Experian. According to everything I've been reading, MBNA has 30 days to respond to me and if they don't I can notify Experian and require that they completely remove the entry on my report. If Experian doesn't remove it at that point then they will be subject to a $1000 fine as well.

Seems like a whole lot of work just to remove one stinking negative entry!! I'll probably be checking my credit every month now for the rest of my life.

Comment

Interesting information for those rebuilding their credit score.

Minny
                              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X