Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to approve

Hi everyone

I recently discharged 3 accounts financed by GE Money (Paypal, Amazon, GE) and today I applied for another Paypal account (the offer was sent by paypal to my email) and they said "unable to approve and will give an explanation within 4 business days." Is GE Money bk friendly or they're just hard...? . Now I'm just pretty reluctant to apply for any credit card offer again.
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Originally posted by wnguyen View Post
    Hi everyone

I recently discharged 3 accounts financed by GE Money (Paypal, Amazon, GE) and today I applied for another Paypal account (the offer was sent by paypal to my email) and they said "unable to approve and will give an explanation within 4 business days." Is GE Money bk friendly or they're just hard...? . Now I'm just pretty reluctant to apply for any credit card offer again.
    GE Money bank is very bk unfriendly. I think you that response is simply an explanation that you will be receiving your rejection letter in the mail within a week.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Hi everyone

Wow! u just BK'ed GE MONEY's paypal credit card and just applied for another and expected to get approved?
      not a smart move
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I thought for once (yes, one second), they were Capital one. Only until after submission have I realized that I made a mistake. Now I''d rather them not send me anything.
        Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

I thought for once (yes, one second), they were Capital one. Only until after submission have I realized that I made a mistake. Now I''d rather them not send me anything.
          you can still use your paypal debit card....i always do...it's attached to my checking account or when i sell on ebay and get any money in the account i can use the card no problem.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by scorpion35 View Post
            Wow! u just BK'ed GE MONEY's paypal credit card and just applied for another and expected to get approved?
            not a smart move
            GE Money is not BK friendly and some research may have helped why say it's not a smart move? Big deal, they end up with an inquiry on experian or 1 of the others and they have a learning experience.

Logan

Comment

I haven't even been discharged and am receiving all kinds of offers... even ones without an annual fee. It say's something about my bankruptcy and a fresh start. At this point, I have no interest in having a credit card. I like the idea of being debt free. Then again, I would like to rebuild my credit.

sorry... just rambling and chiming in.
              My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

I've been receiving credit card offers left and right; I just file them in the shredder, I have no interest in having another credit card. I've gotten used to living a cash only lifestyle and rather like it. Since I kept my car I assume that is helping to rebuild my credit so don't see any need for a credit card.
                Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
                9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
                Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  you can still use your paypal debit card....i always do...it's attached to my checking account or when i sell on ebay and get any money in the account i can use the card no problem.
                  You're right, tobee. I still have the paypal account with them, not just the credit card account, and it's linked to my bank account but I don't have their debit card though.

Comment

You're right, tobee. I still have the paypal account with them, not just the credit card account, and it's linked to my bank account but I don't have their debit card though.
                    well my account was "linked" to both....if you put money in your paypal account you can use the card for cash that you have in there...the credit card i don't have anymore...but the account was also a debit account and it still works for some reason because i tested it??? interesting....
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee

I probably won't use paypal for quite a while from now. Right now Bill Me Later is a much better option for me though. Regarding my credit application to GE Money, they have responded with this "... In reaching this decision, your request was judgmentally reviewed and denied..." Wow. Thanks. FYI, GE Money WILL judge you and your bk.

Comment

Tobee

I probably won't use paypal for quite a while from now. Right now Bill Me Later is a much better option for me though. Regarding my credit application to GE Money, they have responded with this "... In reaching this decision, your request was judgmentally reviewed and denied..." Wow. Thanks. FYI, GE Money WILL judge you and your bk.

really...you can still use "bill me later"....shoot they dropped me like a hot potato! judgmentally reviewed....what to you suppose that means.......???

where do they get this stuff??? i know someone sitting in a little office making 400k a year?? LOL!!!

Comment

Funny too, I have a capital one card with a 1,500 limit and someone else here had said they were able to get a second capital one card... so I figured what the hay and tried to apply for a different one (trying to get rid of my best buy reward zone mc) and the denial letter I got today said "there is evidence of a bankruptcy or bankruptcy filing on your credit report" .... I'm like...duh... don't you already know that? You gave me a card already ... hehe...
                          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            really...you can still use "bill me later"....shoot they dropped me like a hot potato! judgmentally reviewed....what to you suppose that means.......???

where do they get this stuff??? i know someone sitting in a little office making 400k a year?? LOL!!!
                            I guess because I didn't bk bill me later, that's why they still let me use them for some small transactions/purchases (like around $100 or so). Judgmentally reviewed... I guess that means "we judged you and your bk" (and wait until we file bk and then we'll stop judging you!)

I got an offer from Paypal 3 times and I actually applied the third time. Now I got an inquiry on my record fresh out of bk already. Stupid me.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                              Funny too, I have a capital one card with a 1,500 limit and someone else here had said they were able to get a second capital one card... so I figured what the hay and tried to apply for a different one (trying to get rid of my best buy reward zone mc) and the denial letter I got today said "there is evidence of a bankruptcy or bankruptcy filing on your credit report" .... I'm like...duh... don't you already know that? You gave me a card already ... hehe...
                              Sometimes I just don't understand these people. But I'm glad that you were able to get one from them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X