top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone included Capital One in their BK and received credit with them again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone included Capital One in their BK and received credit with them again?

I'm thinking ahead to plan what auto loan I may be able to get in the future, but I'm interested if anyone has included a credit card of theirs in BK and been able to get a credit card with them again.

My wife and I both have new cards in our own names with them. I bk'd about 8k with them. My wife was only an auth user with the card. She had plenty of other cc's with other banks however that she did BK on. They are the higher interest, 22% but no fee's and promo of no interest for 10-11 months.

She got her card 5 months ago 3k limit, mine, with 2 k limit, just this week in fact.
    3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
    4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
    4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
    6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

not everyone will get approved
      i just applied today and got denied
      i am 6 months post discharge
      and their card selector showed i was pre -qualified
      Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
      Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
      Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I bk'd about 10K with Capitol One, just applied a few weeks ago and was approved for 2K.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I included two of their cards in my BK in 2008 and I was approved for a new acccount also.

Comment

I included them in my BK and just approved as well.

Comment

I included them in Bk7 which discharged June 2011. I got approved for their secured card 1 week later. Im thinking of applying for the unsecured in the next few months but we shall see.

Comment

Wow, that's very encouraging! I've never had Capital One, but it sounds like there might be hope of getting another card after BK.

Filed 5/20/11
                341 Meeting 7/6/11
                Awaiting Discharge..........

Comment

cap 1 is really a crap shoot. Ive read on here ppl who discharged cap 1 and get their card no issue, and others who never included them and cant even get a secured from them post bk.
                  Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan2010 View Post
                    ... and others who never included them and cant even get a secured from them post bk.
                    That is where I fall with Cap1. I actually had several accounts with them, paid them off and closed long before BK was a sparkle in my eye. I've applied with them several times, always declined, always has something to do with my income... I have completely given up on them at this point.
                    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                    Discharged: August 2010
                    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

short story: BK'd 10k on CapOne.. Applied about once every two or three of months. Took about 5 tries. I hear so many people getting $2k or $3k limits. I was just offered a $500 CL with very high interest (about 25%) but don't care since I dont leave a balance.

Main thing I noticed was I have a lower monthly mortgage payment now (by about $250) and slightly higher income.. after that, I was accepted. So, it's not usually because of the actual BK. I think a factor is the BK "and" other factors. In my case, was that my income went up a little bit and my mortgage payment went down. I think they probably put more emphasis on the debt-to-income ratio for people who BK'd. That's just my theory.
                      Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

yes we had them on our petition. but we got 2000 on for one of us and 1500 with 0 for the first year and from what i remember under 15% there after.

we have used the cards only a very few times.

i know everyone says stop paying your cc's asap. well we didn't, we paid up until the end because of a few reasons. one, major one was the card companies didn't get the chance to report we were very late ever. we paid up until the last "safe" moment. as a result when all the dust settled our credit scores were still up in the 600's.

we have changed our lives so much now that we really don't care about the scores. we save monthly and pay cash for everything except for major repairs which we put on the cap one for the 30 days just to make certain we have some recourse if there is problem with that repair. we do put money into our car since it's paid for and we want to keep it in the best condition possible since it's going on 12 years old. we hope we have a few years with our good old car, but if something happens it gets replaced with whatever we have saved up and we will buy an old car with cash before ever having another loan.
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I had two Cap One cards totalling about $10k and included them in my BK which was discharged four months ago. I just went to the Cap One website and was approved for an unsecured card with a $500 limit and 24% interest.

I printed the confirmation email but I'm honestly not going to believe it until I have that piece of plastic in my hands.

I don't care about the interest rate because I'm just going to use it for small purchases and pay it off every month.

My credit score went from 585 pre-filing in November, to 625 this past June. I hope this Cap One card will help me continue to bring that number up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X