approved and very pleased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

approved and very pleased

Since my BK I have been working hard on rebuilding my credit. I have faithfully paid on my student loans even though no payment is required; I received 2 credit cards early this year and PIF each month. I love seeing my statements and the interest paid this year being a lovely 0. For a person on my income I have built a very nice emergency fund and savings. I work a lot but have not stressed about money in so long it amazes me that I was even at that point.

So my BK is a year old as of a week ago and I finally decided it is the time to apply for an unsecured cc with a higher limit. I chose the Barclays Apple because I heard they were BK friendly.

I said I was wanting to make a purchase between $500-$1000 (I'm not). I was approved for $1090! I was floored. I also thought that was an odd number. =/ I was so shocked I called customer service to confirm. They said, no you are approved for $1200 and will be receiving the card in the next 7-10 business days.

I don't have any Apple products nor do I have a need or desire to get any, so I won't be utilizing the 0% for 6 months to a year. I just wanted an unsecured card with a decent limit, so I can build credit and I feel like I am getting there... slowly but surely.
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Good to hear. Love to hear stories like this. Keep it up

Comment

Curious to know what are ur credit scores?

Comment

Thanks for the info---iswmle---and do you by any chance have a link?

Comment

iswmle, I appreciate the info! I have a bk that's a 1 1/2 yr old and had an Orchard Bank card w/ a $500 limit for the past yr that was PIF every month. I didn't want to pay the $59 annual fee again for Orchard and canceled the other day. I wanted to get another card b4 the closed account showed up on my Credit Report, so I applied for the Apple Barclaycard per your post. I was approved for $1190 and just wanted to thank you for the info!

Comment

feelingnutsy, just google apple visa and it will be the first link

Comment

Mike, I have no idea what my scores are.... last I checked they were still pitiful, I believe in the low to mid 600s. That was a couple of months ago. I am assuming this will be a boost to my score.

Clauge, congratulations, that is awesome! I am on the same page as you. I have a secured First Tech card ($1000) and an Orchard ($300). I really am not looking to paying that Orchard AF again. I have read that with the Barclays backdoor number it never hurts to request a higher credit line (and they are quite generous), but after much contemplation I think $1200 is a good amount for me.

My final goal will be to either unsecure my First Tech or get a Barnes & Noble card... then I will be done. Having two credit cards have worked well for me.

Comment

I was denied by Barclay.

Comment

Oh, I got declined, too. 6 months after Bk I couldn't even get a secured card with Capital One, everything was that bad.

Comment

I was approved for the Barclaycard CL $1190, very odd number. I was also approved for the HSBC card CL $2000. I am about six months out from my BK, I just checked and my credit score is 703, I kept my car and house and have NEVER made any late payments on either loan. I am guessing thats why my score is higher and I was able to get credit six months after BK, from what I have been reading people normally are waiting 1year 1/2.

Comment

My bk is one year and one week old, to be exact. I tried last month to apply for a secured credit card from Wells Fargo but they kicked me out. Yesterday I got an offer from Capital One and decided to try one more time. This time I got approved for an unsecured credit card with limit of $2,000! Needless to say, I was ecstatic and shocked because Cap 1 was one of my creditors of the bk last year (I had a 10 year relationship with cap 1 before). I think this credit card would be OK for me now and don't want to open too many more accounts with others. Just want to raise my credit scores first.
                      Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X