Anyone use CreditKarma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use CreditKarma?

I signed up for this and it's free. It gives you a FACO score and you can update as often as you like. I find it useful because it will tell you if anything has changed on your report since the last update--a great way to monitor your credit for free.

Logan

I use Credit Karma and Equifax (that I pay for) and I am astonished at how accurate it is on both my and my hubby's credit info/scores.

I have found that TransUnion (who owns Credit Karma) is more generous in their scoring model by about 5 points than the other 2 (or at least the was this case for us the last time I pulled a Tri-bureau report).
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

My creditkarma score is 701 and my mid FICO is 716, low score is 698. I don't know which Bureau gives me a 698 since I got these from a loan officer last month and I didn't ask.

Comment

Thia may sound silly, but I started to sign up for Credit Karma (just so I could respond to a review) and opted against it because I didn't see the little security lock icon in the corner. Call me paranoid. Tonight I decided to cancel my scorewatch because I felt like I was getting too wrapped up in my credit score, but I think I will do Credit Karma sometime in the future.
        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
        Discharged: August 2010
        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
          My creditkarma score is 701 and my mid FICO is 716, low score is 698. I don't know which Bureau gives me a 698 since I got these from a loan officer last month and I didn't ask.
          There are all kinds of different scoring models even within each bureau (fico, vantagescore, consumer model developed by each bureau so they dont have to pay fico when you get your score, cell phone scores, cc scores, etc). So if you were buying a car, your score may be different than if you were buying a house. Talk about making a consumer's head spin! LOL.

I do believe TU and experian seem to be the more "forgiving" whereas equifax seems to be a bit harsher. But with all the same information, all your scores should be within a few points of each other (depending on how much of the info on your report is derog, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by TBA View Post
            There are all kinds of different scoring models even within each bureau (fico, vantagescore, consumer model developed by each bureau so they dont have to pay fico when you get your score, cell phone scores, cc scores, etc). So if you were buying a car, your score may be different than if you were buying a house. Talk about making a consumer's head spin! LOL.

I do believe TU and experian seem to be the more "forgiving" whereas equifax seems to be a bit harsher. But with all the same information, all your scores should be within a few points of each other (depending on how much of the info on your report is derog, of course).
            The scores I got were from a loan officer so they were FICO. I used to be in the loan business and quite often TU and equifax were usually pretty close but experian tended to but alot lower for some reason. (i could have equifax and experian mixed up but I think it was that way). I always attributed this to more creditors pulling credit only using experian but I have nothing to back that opinion.

Logan

Comment

I've been using that a long time, it beats paying for a service since you can get free credit reports once a year!!!
              Filed CH 7 4/15/11
              341 5/23/11
              DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
                I've been using that a long time, it beats paying for a service since you can get free credit reports once a year!!!
                I'll second that, sure beats paying for myfico score watch and getting faster updates at creditkarma and my FICO TU score is the same as on creditkarma!
                November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

I found that my Credit Karma score matches my TU score from MyFico Just an FYI
                  Jessica
                  Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                  Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

K, I signed myself and my SO up. I was more impressed with the report card than the actual score. My overall grade is a C and my CK score is 661. D: Which is only 3 points off from the real thing (658). Still impressive for me, because I was in the mid 500s by the time my BK discharged 1 year and 1 month ago.

My overall credit card utilization (I am assuming it is calculated for this month) is 8% and after putting in my monthly income it said my DTI is 4%. A far cry from my pre BK days. Hopefully it will stay that way.

My SO minds his credit, but for the most part finds the whole idea of needing/having credit to be unimpressive. His CK score is 721. He got almost all A's except for AAoA (D) and Total Accounts (F). Apparently 2 credit cards and 2 student loans reporting is not enough credit.

He was pleased that it said his credit is better than 85% of the people in his age group (18-24).

I cancelled MyFico... partially because of credit karma, but also because I'm seriously considering pet insurance, and would rather throw money away at my cat's health than my credit score. ;)
                    Last edited by iswmle; 09-24-2011, 09:06 AM.
                    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                    Discharged: August 2010
                    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

I agree with the other people about CreditKarma. I recently compared it Equifax to see how accurate it is to the Fico model. I saw about a 2-3 point difference between the two in which the fico score was lower.

Comment

I just signed up at it states my score is 643. This is pretty good since I'm not even discharged yet. I had no lates, just the BK. My score was about 750 before BK. I guess it also helps to have all the balances owed removed. I didn't reaffirm anything, though I kept two cars and a condo.

Comment

I've been using CreditKarma since September 2008. My score then was 498. September 2011 my score is now 638. I did hit a high of 642 a couple months ago. I love the site. It is free and seems to be pretty accurate.

Comment

My TransRisk score at CK is 673---but it
                            doesn't reflect the 3 major CRA's---how is it useful?

Comment

I signed up and have a credit karma score of 684. However, when they checked my credit at the Honda dealership the score was 624. Can anyone explain to me the 60 point difference? I'm confused.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X