Best credit reporting service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best credit reporting service?

What service have you guys had the best luck with for monitoring your credit; ie daily or monthly pulls?
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

I subscribe to myfico.com. Its a monthly subscription, and I get emails when my score changes.
    10/27/11 - Filed Ch13 ------ 2/27/12 - Conversion to Non-Consumer Ch7 ----6/11/12 - Discharged!

Comment

I use creditkarma. It's free.

Comment

Is the score given on CK higher or about the same as with the other agencies?

Comment

I'm using Identity Guard from Costco. $7.49 a month. Watching it for a few months just to make sure everything is correct.
          Seems to be pretty easy to cancel it when i have seen enough.
          filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
          "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Yikes! Signed up for CK. Score 585 and that is before I file C-13. Probably from the C-7 from 7 years ago. Think it just pulls from Transunion. Will my credit score go up once the C-7 is off my credit if I'm still in a C-13?
            Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Can I pull monthly via privacyguard?
              BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

I'm using the service from USAA for unlimited access (daily) to all 3 for $12.25/month and in addition, the other two monitoring-services from myfico.com (ScoreWatch and FICO quarterly monitoring).
                Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Thanks for mentioning that Creditkarma was FREE. Free is good for me nowadays
                  I FINALLY decided to check my credit score and it was not nearly as low as I thought- 581 for me, 611 dh. Considering that we haven't paid a cc in well over a year, I thought it would be much lower.
                  When we finally get around to filing, some day, how much lower should I expect it to drop?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                    Thanks for mentioning that Creditkarma was FREE. Free is good for me nowadays
                    I FINALLY decided to check my credit score and it was not nearly as low as I thought- 581 for me, 611 dh. Considering that we haven't paid a cc in well over a year, I thought it would be much lower.
                    When we finally get around to filing, some day, how much lower should I expect it to drop?
                    I'd like to know that too. Mine is 585. Haven't paid a credit card in over a year as well. I have a 7 year Chapter 7 on mine though. I'm assuming once I file Chapter 13 it will go down again. My Chapter 7 will come off my credit report in 3 years which is when my Chapter 13 will be over. I am hoping that when my Chapter 7 comes off and I'm done with my Chapter 13 that I can start to rebuild my credit. Never again will I let someone talk me into taking personal credit out to keep a business afloat which was the reason for my Chapter 7. Of course the ex came out of that smelling like a rose...
                    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

I've heard that filing BK will result in a 100 point drop to your score. But, I don't remember where I heard that or know how accurate it is. I know my FICO score was around 735 before I filed, but didn't check any score until a few months after filing.

My CreditKarma Transrisk score went up by 3 points this month to 689. Seems to be going up 3 or 4 points every 6 months. Filed Chap 13 April, 2010. The funny thing is that in the credit report card, I get a B for derogatory marks because the BK is the only derogatory mark. I get Cs for age of accounts and credit utilization. The fact that I am not using credit seems to be bring my score down more than the BK.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        I've heard that filing BK will result in a 100 point drop to your score.
                        There is no specific drop that can be generally predicted because it depends on the current credit picture. The higher the score prior to filing, the higher the drop. If your score is already down the drain, it certainly won't drop an additional 100 points. In your case, a drop of about 100 points could have been quite realistic because 735 was a good score and you obviously kept your report clean until you filed. In my case - as you can see in my sig - the TU score went down 26 and my EQ only 5 points. My credit was already bad. The fact that my huge CC-balances are now reported as $0 even made it possible that my score is significantly better AFTER BK. The simulator from EQ on myfico is predicting a score of at least 660 once I pay off my current CCs to the desired balance (overall utilization below 9% of available credit and each single revolving-account below 9% of available credit) - a score I couldn't even dream of prior to my BK-filing.

In general, I wouldn't worry too much about the "advice" CreditKarma and other sites are handing out about what actually affects your score. While I'm using the USAA-reports to check the CONTENT of my reports, their scores and partially their advice is flat out wrong. They are basically telling me that my score is low due to the lower credit limits I'm having on my CCs. FICO, however, isn't even taking the credit-limits into consideration - only the utilization. So while the service from USAA is telling me that a CC with a balance of $9 on an account with a limit of $300 is worse than a $90 balance and a $3000 limit, FICO tells me it makes no difference (both have a utilization of 3%).

Right after discharge, the score isn't even the most important factor when seeking credit. The content of your report is far more significant. If you want to get an auto-loan, potential lenders are going to take a closer look on your previous car-loans. And then it comes down to the BK-policies of the individual lender. Some simply won't lend anything to you unless you've been discharged at least a year ago - no matter what your score is.
                        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I got A's from CreditKarma and no derogatories.
                          Really made me shake my head.
                          Also, nothing shows as charged off? Or am I not looking in the right place? There are at least a 3-4 collection agencies calling my GV and sending me love letters.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Am I correct that CK is not a complete report or am I missing something? I'd like to see what the cards I owe say about me. How can I possibly have no derogatories?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by keepsmiling View Post
                              Am I correct that CK is not a complete report or am I missing something? I'd like to see what the cards I owe say about me. How can I possibly have no derogatories?
                              CK is not a report. It's a score simulator.
                              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X