Credit Karma Score out of BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Karma Score out of BK

I've read a lot about Credit Karma on this site. Thought I'd sign up and see what my score is. Discharged BK7 in June 2012. My score is 634. Is that about average for someone with a recently discharged BK7?

I've got my free annual credit reports (all three agencies). Cleaned up minor errors. I didn't get my credit scores. Really don't need them at this time.

I'm thinking of applying for a secured card about three months after discharge date. Need one for car rentals and hotel deposits. Does this timeline sound good?

thats not bad at all out of BK
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by ace300s View Post
      I've read a lot about Credit Karma on this site. Thought I'd sign up and see what my score is. Discharged BK7 in June 2012. My score is 634.
      Did you also read that it's not real?
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        Did you also read that it's not real?
        Yes, I read the Credit Karma scores are not accurate. I'll check my real credit scores in a couple of months when thing settle down.

Comment

CreditKarma is great for monitoring your credit activity. My score doesn't move too often but last month it dropped 2 points when a hard inquiry hit my report and this month it rose 6 points when the lender of that inquiry reported my new credit line.
          Logan

Comment

That timeline sounds pretty good for a secured card. I would find a local BK friendly CU and start a relationship with them. After a few months get a secured card and a secure line of credit and you will be on your way. good luck

Comment

I would wait it out, You will be getting Cap One offer soon for unsecured.
              chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Our Ch7 was discharged in Aug 2011, and my CreditKarma is 639.

Comment

How do you know if a credit union is bk friendly? Other than its not being Wells Fargo, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                    CreditKarma is great for monitoring your credit activity. My score doesn't move too often but last month it dropped 2 points when a hard inquiry hit my report and this month it rose 6 points when the lender of that inquiry reported my new credit line.
                    Logan
                    not only doesn't the score move, but either does the payment information!

actually, i saw on our account,it still included credit lines that were way gone years ago, as well as current balances, or let me re-phrase that, NOT so current balances were months and months behind with current information. i have been at 682 with them for a couple of years!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                      not only doesn't the score move, but either does the payment information!

actually, i saw on our account,it still included credit lines that were way gone years ago, as well as current balances, or let me re-phrase that, NOT so current balances were months and months behind with current information. i have been at 682 with them for a couple of years!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!
                      Tobee, my credit lines are all accurate in CreditKarma. Bummer it's not working well for you.

Comment

My CK report looks up to date, my score dropped 9 points since I looked 2 weeks ago. 2 collection accts. changed hands in this time frame (for the third time on both), so it looks like 2 new coll. accounts. I'm filing Chap.7 in two weeks, so I'll check again. My score is now hovering around 500 now, so I'm sure my accurate score would be just as hard to look at! My scores were over 700 3 yrs. ago. After discharge, I'll check the real scores, but this is fine for now.

Comment

Tobee, my credit lines are all accurate in CreditKarma. Bummer it's not working well for you.
                          me too creditkarma indicates i have lines well over 50k with banks and sears etc. those accounts were either closed or IIB however creditkarma is indicating them as open and available lines, therefore pulling down my score. it looks as tho their info is from trans union, however, i have seen their report and those lines are not there. so it beats me?
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                            me too creditkarma indicates i have lines well over 50k with banks and sears etc. those accounts were either closed or IIB however creditkarma is indicating them as open and available lines, therefore pulling down my score. it looks as tho their info is from trans union, however, i have seen their report and those lines are not there. so it beats me?
                            The alerts will still work for you. Can't beat free and the alerts works great.

Logan

Comment

The alerts will still work for you. Can't beat free and the alerts works great.

Logan
                              i didn't set up any alerts, but i will go back in and see what i can do with it. although, i guess it really doesn't matter much at this point since we credit cards we don't even use now, we have our house...(HEYYYYYYYYYYY 24 months to go and i'm paid OFF!!!) and my car is (knock on wood 100xs still in good working order for a 12 year old car). so, i'm hoping i don't have to worry about my rating so much in my old up coming age.

but, thanks logan, i will check out the alerts, it's a good idea.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X