top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denied Barclays - any other unsecured cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied Barclays - any other unsecured cards?

I was denied Barclays Rewards card yesterday. I called the recon number and answered all the questions, yet they would not budge. I'm a year out from BK7 and this is the first time I have applied for a new card. My FICO is 680.

What other unsecured cards are suggested? Or should I go secured?
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Originally posted by Epic View Post
    I was denied Barclays Rewards card yesterday. I called the recon number and answered all the questions, yet they would not budge. I'm a year out from BK7 and this is the first time I have applied for a new card. My FICO is 680.

What other unsecured cards are suggested? Or should I go secured?
    Did you ever IIB Barclays? I'm surprised they denied you. I was just 1 month post discharge and was approved for the priceline.com visa card (Barclays). They pulled TU and my fico was 640. You can try Walmart Discover online. I believe they pull TU as well. I'm pretty sure capital one would approve you but they pull hards on all 3 cra's.

Comment

me too...and i listed a rather large barclay's on my bk, but had no problem getting a card.

now it's 4 years later and it's one of the only ones i have kept since they report regularly and have increased by line yearly. i think we were out a bit longer than a year, but i would also try capitol one they are pretty good as well. (usually).
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I got a Houshold Bank (HSBC) card one month after discharge with 611 FICO. It was an offer that was mailed to me. 1000 limit and 0 interest first year. 39 annual fee. 14.9 interest after. Capital One has since bought them. So I would say try Capital One. 6 months after getting card, FICO is 638.

Comment

Does Capital one or HSBC give cards if you BK them. I think we had 4 capital one cards between us, and one or two HSBC. Also does capital one give their auto loans if you BK their CC?

I doubt we will get a CC, but am curious.

Comment

Yes, I had a 8000 judgement with capone included in my bkrpty, within 6mos they sent me a 2 approval offers, ( my scores were 640) , so i applied and got 500 cl, now it has increased to 750. But no more increases. So I just keep it and really do not use it. I also get 30,000 cL approval for autoloan every month or so. I will not get in the cc rat race, I pay off each month what I use. My scores has risen to 700 so I am happy with that.
            chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Barclays has a lot of cards - and I don't believe they are all 'bankruptcy friendly'. Could be that you picked the wrong one, or perhaps its because you had not already started re-establishing?

Capital One is known to give 2nd, 3rd, etc. chances. Household bank is no more - they were bought by Capital One.

If you try a store card, research what company issues them. Like Walmart store cards are GEMB, which backs a lot of store cards. If you defaulted on a GEMB before, you're unlikely to get another.
              ~Staci
              Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Don't give up, wait another 6 months and reapply! I was denied at 18 months post discharge with a 680 score and a no go with a recon, waited 6 months and got a great Apple Visa with no annual fee, but it does have a high interest of 22.45% and a starting CL of $1300.
                November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

I think some of the advice here is best. Some store cards tend to be easier to get overall, such as cards backed by GEMB.
                  Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                  The rebuilding begins

Comment

Wow, everyone seems to get approved with Barclays. One thing that they seem to be a stickler about is hard credit pulls. Had you done a lot of credit applications before applying to Barclays?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
                      Wow, everyone seems to get approved with Barclays. One thing that they seem to be a stickler about is hard credit pulls. Had you done a lot of credit applications before applying to Barclays?
                      we already had orchard, which we closed, best buy, which we closed ....and then cap one which is still open with a 4k limit now (they just raised it) and then we have the 2500 with barclays. it's so weird when i go on line to pay they have my old account that was IIB still there! so they are VERY bk friendly!
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Credit Unions are probably your best bet... I recommend trying Digital Credit Union, Navy Federal (if you're eligible), State Department Federal CU and Alliant Credit Union (when you get to 2+ years). Or even a local CU if you have any near you.

Barclay is extremely finicky. They will also monitor you for like 6 months after they give you a card to see if you have applied for anything or opened up any new trade lines.
                        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

is State Department Federal CU BK friendly?
                          how do u join?

Comment

Originally posted by soccerguy View Post
                            how do u join?
                            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

do they do a HP or soft pull to join?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X