top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital one auto-will they finance if BK on their CC's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital one auto-will they finance if BK on their CC's?

Hi,

We are BK'ing about 5 Capital One cards (probably not even $5000 total). I have seen here where Capital One has been BK friendly for auto loans, and CC (although not interested in CC's). I was wondering if people are still able to get financing through them for a car after they have BK them.

Hopefully, we won't need it, but curious in case we do need to use it.

Thanks!

Lynn

I be interesting in that answer also. We BK them also for around 7000

Comment

Yes, they will. But be careful, it will probably be a 3 credit bureau pull when they do it... I always recommend going to credit unions first though, can usually get better interest rates.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
        Yes, they will. But be careful, it will probably be a 3 credit bureau pull when they do it... I always recommend going to credit unions first though, can usually get better interest rates.
        I hate to sound dumb, I know that 3 credit card pulls means they pull from all 3 bureaus, is the main thing our FICO would go down? We do belong to 2 credit unions, one we have never borrowed from, and the second all loans we have ever had were paid as agreed. Actually, there is still a $750 OD protection that is paid off and has not been closed, and still shows available balance, so I guess it is there if we wanted to use it, but of course we do not.

Thanks!

Comment

I BK'd them on two credit cards in 2008 but I was able finance a car with them in 2011 as also get two additional credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by basketsbears View Post
            I hate to sound dumb, I know that 3 credit card pulls means they pull from all 3 bureaus, is the main thing our FICO would go down? We do belong to 2 credit unions, one we have never borrowed from, and the second all loans we have ever had were paid as agreed. Actually, there is still a $750 OD protection that is paid off and has not been closed, and still shows available balance, so I guess it is there if we wanted to use it, but of course we do not.

Thanks!
            Well, too many inquiries is never a good thing and most of the time you will only get 1 credit pull when you apply for something. But Capital One likes to pull all three... so, in my opinion, a Capital One auto loan isn't worth 3 inquiries, a possibly not so great interest rate and the small point hit you would take from the inquiry. But that's just me... I was just letting you know. It could very well be a good thing for you to do, so please don't let me deter you from it... was just relaying info.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Yes they will. I just got a Capital One Auto loan approved through them and I CH7 BKd 3 of their cards totaling $13500. I got approved for a $24000 loand @ 5.13% interest.
              5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
              7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
              9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

And the only pull they did for me was Equifax.
                5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
                7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
                9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

I started receiving cap one auto loan offers about 6mos after receiving their card. I did include them in my bankruptcy 8600.
                  chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Yes they do, just got approved today

Comment

Last edited by frogger; 09-14-2012, 08:34 AM. Reason: Helpful advice is welcome, but don't be pimping other websites please.

Comment

Yes, I IIB and was approved for an auto loan 6 months after discharge. They have pretty competitive interest rates as well. I sat down with a banker the other day to talk about a refi and she said with my current credit portfolio, their refi rate would be the same or a tad higher than the rate I have now. She encouraged me to keep and pay off the current loan and said it would go a long way in helping rebuild my credit.

Comment

What were some of your scores who got approved so soon after discharge and after BK'ing them? I have tried, and I don't even get as far as them pulling my credit - I get the standard denial for "recently delinquency with Capital One" and technically all I bk'd was one card under 1000, and two HSBC cards that they acquired during my proceedings both under 2000.
                          Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
                          Discharged 7/24/2012
                          Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X