Best places to get your credit score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best places to get your credit score

Its been two months since our chapter 7 discharge. I am about to pull our free credit reports to see how everything looks, but I would also like to get our credit scores. Any suggestions on the best way to obtain these? I'm confused with all of the information on FAKO Scores, etc. I do have a creditkarma report, but am looking for somethign a little closer to what lenders use. Thanks for your help!

Fair Isaac, the maker of FICO, runs a site called MyFico.com. The only problem is that only Trans Union and Equifax FICO scores are available. I do not think you can get an Experian "FICO" score from anywhere.

In the end, there are different versions of even the FICO scoring model. There are industry specific scores, like the enhanced auto score for car loans. Additionally, lenders may be using an older version of the score, or a special scoring model.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi Jodie. I was discharged 11/2012. This has been my CR cleanup/research since about the middle of Jan. The only place to buy your actual Fico scores is Myfico (TU and EQ.) You can't buy your Experian (real FIco) score anywhere. I can't get a free report again until August, so I purchased TU and EQ scores (one-time purchase) and reports from Myfico, and Ex from Ex. I disputed some things on all 3 directly from each bureau, then I was able to get a complete revised report from each bureau.

Since I have some ongoing issues on my CR's I'm trying to watch, I signed up for EIDT/MPM ($12.95) and I can pull my scores (fakos) and reports (all 3) every day. I found the scores here are very close to my actual fico I purchased from Myfico, and it's close enough for me to monitor progress. Some people prefer USAA monitoring which does about the same thing.

If you just want to monitor your actual fico (TU and EQ) then Scorewatch (subscription) at myfico.

Just so I haven't added to the confusion for anyone else reading this, the best place to see your full report is annualcreditreport.com, or if you have to purchase, from the individual CRAs. If you buy a report anywhere else, it may not be as updated, and can be a little wonky sometimes.

Some people spend a fortune with all kinds of services, I just wanted to keep track of my cleanup progress at a minimum expense. I figure I'll keep MPM for about 6 mos. or so until I'm sure everything is good.

Also, I hope this is okay to mention other forums, but myfico forum and creditboard are full of helpful info for post-BK cleanup. And, for what it's worth, I refer new BK'ers I see there that really need help, to come here.

Comment

I decided to join myfico and sign up for the 39.95 yearly cost for that price, I get a credit report and credit score every quarter for the one time price of 39.95. I did it just for one year. I do not like paying a month fee anywhere. 4 credit reports and scores . I also did dispute online these reports too.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X