No announcement yet.

Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say the same as LITR. Try hard not to apply for any credit over the next 9-12 months. If you can manage that, then you should be able to obtain this particular card that you want. Of course, you need to keep your current cards at a low utilization rate (under 30%). Preferably, your utilization is under 10%.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just applied and was approved for a Barclay card, $1500 cr. limit. My BK was discharged in Jan 2013.
      I applied for a Barclay card a month ago and was rejected, but approved yesterday. This my 3rd credit card approval since Jan, Cap One, Merrick, Barclay. Why? Who knows. My T.U. score has gone up from 610 to 665 since Jan.

Comment

we are a few years out. cap one and barclays were one our first offers. i took the barclays because it was virgin american and you get points and that is the only air line i will fly. (unless highest er). my line is now up to 7500 interest rate of 12.9. this thread made me take a look at the account and the last i bother to look i had like a 3500 cl...i have NO clue how it got up so high. i almost don't like it that high.

what is so odd to me is they were in fact listed on our bk and when i go on line to pay the bill i see the old accounts from years back and still they gave me that high of a cl...odd isn't it.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi Tobee. It is odd. It just doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.
          People are trying to rebuild credit, and get their lives back together again, and they have to deal
          with this kind of capricious almost arbitrary process.
          Best of luck to you, and to us all.
          Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by dgifta View Post
            Hi Tobee. It is odd. It just doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.
            People are trying to rebuild credit, and get their lives back together again, and they have to deal
            with this kind of capricious almost arbitrary process.
            Best of luck to you, and to us all.
            Dennis

really the best way to rebuild ones credit is the passing of time. the longer between the close date and you applying for credit the greater the chance it will be approved.

best of luck, i'm sure it will all work out.
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
              Barclays is so picky about recent inquiries and credit usage.
              I recently received a letter from them saying I'm "pre-selected for the new Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard." (There is an ID code to use when applying, but I've heard pre-selected is different from pre-approved). Do you know if they're more picky about inquiries in the last six months or if they go back a year or two? I have one inquiry in the last six months, but if they go back two years, there are more (mostly collection agencies from before BK). This is on my TransUnion - my Equifax is much better, but it seems like most places pull TransUnion these days.

Comment

I applied for Barclays about a year ago. I was a little upset because they rejected me (btw, I think they mostly check TU .. but on occasion, they do check the others). At the time, I think I had a high balance on one of my cards.. so I think that was the main reason for rejection. Since then, I've obtained a DCU VISA with a nice credit limit.

About a couple of months ago, Barclays started sending me pre-selected letters in the mail! go figure.. but I just dropped my utilization below 30% and am waiting for it to reflect on the CRAs before I apply to Barclays again. I don't want to take the chance of another "hard pull" and then getting rejected.. it really isn't worth it.

It really does take a "long" time for some of us to make the jump from "teaser" cards to real cards. I'm hoping to replace my last teaser card soon.

Good luck!
                Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X