Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclaycard

They hate me and I don't know why! I have never had an account with them but yet they will not give me a card. My credit score is 663. I'm done with them!!!

Did you call them and ask for a recon? They are pretty good about that.
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Barclay offered me a card after 3 yrs from discharge last year no annual fee but high interest 22%. So it may be too soon. I accepted Capital one and used it to build credit.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Comment

I received a card from Barclays even though I BK'd them. However, I think my score was higher. The problem may be the credit product you are seeking. Some Barclay's cards are easier to get than others... HINT... Apple Financing VISA (from Barclay) is easiest to get (I think).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Rozi? When you applied for the Barclay card - what was the balance on your $300 credit limit card? Barclays is so picky about recent inquiries and credit usage.

I have heard the Apple one is easier to get, too, JB.
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
              Barclay offered me a card after 3 yrs from discharge last year no annual fee but high interest 22%. So it may be too soon. I accepted Capital one and used it to build credit.
              This was my experience. I applied for the Barnes and Noble reward card about 3 years post bk.I filed in 05 so I've had the card for 5 years now.
              I got a $2000K credit line, no fee and the 22%APR. The cl is now up to $4K. For sure, never run a balalnce.

Comment

The only two balances that show up on my credit report is a 500 balance on my Capital One Credit that was just paid off and my hefty 65k student loan that is being deferred. I tried for an Apple and a Carnival card. Turned down by both..

Comment

Rozi, from some of your other posts, it looks like you have a lot of inquiries, and may be applying too much. I have heard Barclays does not like inquiries and recent applications. If you really want a Barclay's card, stop applying and wait 6 mos to a year.

Comment

You are probably right. Thanks!!!

Comment

Rozi - call back and at least find out the reason, they will tell you.

I got the Apple Card 6 months post-BK7. I tried at the 3 month mark and was shot down and the analyst told me exactly what to do. She said they want to see 6 months of revolving history after the BK (they count secured cards) and low inquiries and util. The latter two I had no problem with, and she went as far as to say that. She told me I was on the right track and I would have the card that day if I had three more months under my belt. Well three months to the mark, I applied again and it was an Instant Approval for 2.2K, my TU98 was 647 at the time.
                      Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
                      Discharged 7/24/2012
                      Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

8 months after BK Barclaycard give me a master card for $700 zero annual fee and 1 year no interest. They increased my balance to $2000 after 6 months.

Comment

Let me tell you my experience with Barclay. I had applied a week ago, but it came denied due to recent app. Well, I called to recon, and asked them what's up with that?
                          He pulled my application, and looked at my credit report. First question was to explained my bk7. Secondly, he asked me why I had opened so many new accounts within the year? I told him for rebuilding purposes.

So, it's true. They don't like too many new accounts. I was guilty of that. That's why I was denied. He did say wait a year, but I'm going to try in 6 months. This was for the Apple Card.

Comment

I recently closed my Barclays card. I used it only during the promotional period (for one item). I'm sure they probably have some nice products, but the rates seem to be higher than what you could get elsewhere.
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicar View Post
                              He did say wait a year, but I'm going to try in 6 months.
                              If he said wait a year, why not wait? The number of new accounts is already an issue, why risk compounding it? Just use the cards you have and pay them in full every month and your credit rating will imporove.
                              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X