top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your credit score before and after filing for Chapter 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was your credit score before and after filing for Chapter 7?

I'm curious: For those of you who filed Chapter 7, what was your credit score before and, say, three to six months after receiving your discharge?

I'd really like to know the following information:
    Score before filing:
    Score 90 days after filing:
    Score six months after filing:

Also, if you have any information about how many payments you missed right before filing, etc, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks, all!

My TransUnion score was 518 before I filed; when the bankruptcy hit my credit, that shot up to 544, but then went down to 526 when Discover reported a new charge-off status, which they do each month. The debt has been charged-off since November 2009, however they like to report a new charge-off every month to keep my credit scores as bad as possible.

My Vantage Score was 531 before I filed, and then increased to 581 when the bankruptcy hit my credit. For some reason, this score is not affected when debts which are already charged-off report a new charge-off status each month.

Comment

My scores were around 640 when I filed. No late's but maxed out on about 20 accounts.

After BK7 filing my scores dropped to the 580's.

One year after discharged my scores are in the 690's. Reaffirmed car payments on time for the past year. One credit card payment on time for 4 months.

Things seem to be improving nicely...

Comment

We were around 820 when we filed, the last business day of 2007--just about the best score one can have. It doesn't mean diddly-squat if you can't pay your bills.

A year ago, we were around 600-670.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by wellnowwhat View Post
          I'm curious: For those of you who filed Chapter 7, what was your credit score before and, say, three to six months after receiving your discharge?

I'd really like to know the following information:
          Score before filing: 650
          Score 90 days after filing: 489
          Score six months after filing: 644

Also, if you have any information about how many payments you missed right before filing, etc, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks, all!
          It rebounds quickly if you start rebuilding quickly after discharge.
          Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
          Discharged 7/24/2012
          Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

I don't know what it was directly after discharge, but I know when I filed it was in the mid to high 500s. Now it is around 690 (Transunion). Have not checked the others.
            Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
            Discharged: August 2010
            A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Prior to filing: 691
              After filing: 684
              Right after discharge: 693

Vantage Score wasn't so kind..
              Prior:714
              After filing: 615
              Right after discharge: 659

so we shall see what it ends up being after several months have passed because my discharge was not long ago.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X