2 new collections on CR post-BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 new collections on CR post-BK

2 new collections just appeared on my Experian report. I filed BK7 8/2012, discharged 11/2012. Both collections listed on petition, original creditor and Midland Funding who reported these collections. I know it's going to be a PIA to get these off.

One of the collections is for an account that Pressler obtained a judgement on behalf of Midland. I had been making payments to P&P before I filed BK. A few weeks after filing, I received an order dismissing the judgement. Midland's reporting actually lists the payments in the history. If they have a clear record of the payments, you'd think they would have a clear record of the BK filing. I'm sure there is a long list of violations here.

I'm extra upset with this because I just had to deal with another collection on EX about ten days ago. That one was removed in about 5 days, these two aren't going to be that easy. My EX score tracker looks like a yo-yo.

I guess I'm partly ranting here, and partly reminding everyone to keep a close eye on your credit reports like forever. I was just thinking of cutting back on my monitoring services, but I guess that's not gonna happen soon.

Thanks for listening, and watch your credit reports, even long after filing.

Edit: My 500th post! I wish it were something a little joyful or profound.

Pj, if the judgement was just dismissed a few weeks ago, more than likely it's going to take a bit of time to catch up to the reporting agency. in the mean time have you gotten a copy from the court with the signed order on the dismissal? if you do i would just send the agency a copy of that order along with a copy of your discharge? that should do it one would think?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi Tobee, the judgement was dismissed last October (2012) and removed from my CRs in January. The judgement has not reappeared, just two new Midland collections yesterday, 7 months post-discharge. One of these new collections is the account P&P HAD the judgement on. So, it's two new collections for BK'd accounts I'm going crazy over. Sorry, if I wasn't clear.

The CSRs at Midland keep transferring me to nowhere, can't find a human being to speak to. I disputed with the CRAs, and fired off letters to 2 fax numbers I was able to find. I'm also mailing the same letter today. All 3 scores have tanked, and I can see this will take forever to get deleted.

Comment

Originally posted by Pjmax View Post
        Hi Tobee, the judgement was dismissed last October (2012) and removed from my CRs in January. The judgement has not reappeared, just two new Midland collections yesterday, 7 months post-discharge. One of these new collections is the account P&P HAD the judgement on. So, it's two new collections for BK'd accounts I'm going crazy over. Sorry, if I wasn't clear.

The CSRs at Midland keep transferring me to nowhere, can't find a human being to speak to. I disputed with the CRAs, and fired off letters to 2 fax numbers I was able to find. I'm also mailing the same letter today. All 3 scores have tanked, and I can see this will take forever to get deleted.
        sorry your 500th post was not a happy moment.

i know this stuff really stinks and it may take a bit of doing, it sometimes appears to be the aftermath of the bk's for some. it's like the never ending story. hopefully your letters will work. i know it use to be the CA had 30 days to counter a dispute and then they must remove the item. i'm not certain anymore how it works. i really think your proofs are good enough and they will be removed. i have a few things that popped back up on ours as well, i just frankly, haven't had the time or energy to get to. did you send the letter cert mail?? if so, i would you the date they signed they rec'd it as the first day of day 30, if that rule still applies.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Pjmax, don't be so quick to assume this is going to be difficult to take care of. The disputes with the CRAs and the letters you are sending very well may take care of the issue. Try to relax and see what happens in the next 30 days. As soon as the entries are removed, your scroes will go back to where they were.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Tobee & LITR. I know, I'm trying to be patient, but it would be a heck of a lot easier if someone at Midland would just talk to me, return calls, etc. 30 days is a long time to wait, when your scores just hit bottom, but I do appreciate the support. It always helps to have someone to talk to about this.

Comment

Update: Finally talked to a non-CSR person. The accounts are being removed ASAP. I'm wondering if my fax deluge this morning caught up with my file and that got me to the right person Interesting, someone on MyFico also had 2 Midland accounts show up on CRs yesterday. I think he/she's a BKF member. I hope this isn't the start of a trend for everyone.

Comment

Update: Finally talked to a non-CSR person. The accounts are being removed ASAP. I'm wondering if my fax deluge this morning caught up with my file and that got me to the right person Interesting, someone on MyFico also had 2 Midland accounts show up on CRs yesterday. I think he/she's a BKF member. I hope this isn't the start of a trend for everyone.
                are you saying this happened to another BK forum member as well? interesting? funny i was just checking my mom's property on zillow and it had a foreclosure in 1993 listed on the zillow page, she has lived there since 1953 and there has never been a foreclosure, how does this crap happen?? but messing with one's credit should be consider a crime as far as i'm concern especially in light of a society who message ones entire humanity on their ********'in score!!

Comment

Interesting, someone on MyFico also had 2 Midland accounts show up on CRs yesterday. I think he/she's a BKF member. I hope this isn't the start of a trend for everyone.
                  This happened to me too! I didn't check my actual Experian report yet, but Credit Sesame alerted me about a new collections from Midland Funding being reported. I also filed my BK in 8/2012 and was discharged in 11/2012. I can't imagine it's just a coincidence. They must be doing this to everyone they were trying to collect from that filed BK.

Comment

I should've mentioned above that I didn't have a judgement or anything with Midland Funding - it was just a collection agency that had one of my debts. So I'm assuming that they're going to be doing this to everyone (or at least a lot of people) who had one or more debts with their company.

I just looked at my Experian report and Midland Funding is reporting the collection amount as "past due as of Jun 2013." Under "Account History," it says, "Collection as of Jun 2013."

It also says this:

Date of Status:
                    06/2013
                    Reported Since:
                    06/2013
                    Last Reported Date:
                    06/2013

It's not currently in collections, since it was discharged in November. This company was notified of my bankruptcy. Is this a FCRA violation, since they're reporting it as a new debt?

Comment

Sad Panda, it's definitely a violation. Midland is a JDB, they own the account. There have been 5 others on myfico in the last couple of days posting about the same. We were all DC'd about the same time (within a few months anyway.) I first saw it on EX Monday night on USAA monitoring, it showed up on EQ Wed.

Call Midland tomorrow, it should go easier for you, it seems they are now aware a big mistake was made.

I think someone at Midland hit the wrong send button.

I really hate thinking of all the people this might be happening to that aren't monitoring their credit reports.
                      Last edited by Pjmax; 06-27-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

I was starting to check credit reports - discharged in March 2013 - and a Midland Entry showed up on my report also since June 2013!! I had included EVERYBODY - JDBs and original creditors on our petition.I will call immediately - thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks, pjmax! I disputed it on my Experian report, but I will probably call Midland as well.

Do you think it will show up on TransUnion as well? Would I be able to ask Midland to remove them from all reports at once? Or does the removal process automatically remove the incorrect entries from all reports? I'm not sure how it works.

This is the second time post-BK that a collection company has made a mistake on my credit report (the first was a hard inquiry from a collection agency showing up on my TransUnion report, although they said it was TransUnion's fault, but at least it was removed). I'm worried this is going to happen over and over again with these collection agencies, possibly for years!
                          Last edited by SadPanda; 06-28-2013, 04:36 AM.

Comment

Definitely call them ASAP, and demand that it be removed TODAY! (it will take about a week, but they should send out the delete today, to all 3 CRAs.)

Hasn't shown up on my TU yet, but they are much slower to report than the other 2.

Update: it's now showing on TU also.
                            Last edited by Pjmax; 06-28-2013, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I will call them!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X