top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any point to making non-preapproved applications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any point to making non-preapproved applications?

I was thinking of applying for the Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard since it seems to be highly regarded around here. It's more than 2.5 years since my discharge.
    3/7/11 -

we did and got approved...now my line is upward to 7k. i found that card raised the limits all by themselves.

recently i was surprised when i went on line to pay my cap one and they offered an increase but that has taken approx 3 years!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I got the Barclays Barnes and Noble card about 3 years post bk. Saw an application at the regidter at a Barnes and Noble and applied.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
        I got the Barclays Barnes and Noble card about 3 years post bk. Saw an application at the regidter at a Barnes and Noble and applied.
        The Apple card looked appealing, but I won't be buying a new computer in the next 30 days.
        3/7/11 -

Comment

Everything that I have applied for has been non-preapproval. I applied for the Barclaycard 2 years post BK, was initially declined, reconned and was approved. I have a 4k CL with them.
          Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
          Discharged: August 2010
          A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
            Everything that I have applied for has been non-preapproval. I applied for the Barclaycard 2 years post BK, was initially declined, reconned and was approved. I have a 4k CL with them.
            Wow, very nice.
            3/7/11 -

Comment

You should have not much of a problem being 2.5 years post discharge, unless you've hurt your credit since then. I applied for them without a letter and was approved.

Comment

Originally posted by randian View Post
                Wow, very nice.
                Well, I had to work my way up. I started with a 1250 limit. They have been EXTREMELY generous with credit line increases, to say the least. I think Barclays really likes to see low debt to income and low balances. I generally don't put anymore than $900 on the card and I PIF every month. They have also been very kind to me. The customer service is very good, and the credit analysts are pretty accommodating as well. When I was first approved there was a little snafu, and I didn't get my card in the timeframe I expected. I called customer service, and she said that my account had not yet been built. Within the phone call she built the account and mailed out my card express, free of charge. I received my card within two days. They also have a very nice website, and a pretty spiffy app. I think their rewards program has also gotten very good reviews, and I have seen no problem in them applying points to my purchases.

Comment

I've also read somewhere that if you're approved for a Barclaycard you shouldn't apply for new credit for at least 6 months or they'll react negatively (cut your line or cancel your card).
                  3/7/11 -

Comment

I have heard that as well, but i wouldn't know. I generally apply for cards one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
                      Well, I had to work my way up. I started with a 1250 limit.
                      Got to start somewhere, right? At least with a real credit card I can rent a car with somebody other than Rent-a-Wreck.
                      3/7/11 -

Comment

Haha, that was the only reason I got a credit card after BK. I think it was about 9 months after discharge before I got a credit card, and tried so hard to avoid it. I had to rent a car, but with a debit card the rental agency was asking for a credit pull and tying up $500. My mom even tried to put it on her credit card, but the name on the card had to match the driver. So I bit the bullet and applied, at the time with a Credit One. And although I particularly dislike this company they did serve their purpose. Within a few months I was able to move on to Capital One and then Barclays. This time around my experience with cards has been much better. I basically had to relearn and rewire the way I approached cards, and it has been all the better in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by randian View Post
                          I've also read somewhere that if you're approved for a Barclaycard you shouldn't apply for new credit for at least 6 months or they'll react negatively (cut your line or cancel your card).
                          I got a cap one card 4 months after the barclays and I got an increase on the Barclay's last month, so I can debunk this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo View Post
                            I got a cap one card 4 months after the barclays and I got an increase on the Barclay's last month, so I can debunk this one.
                            Encouraging to know.
                            3/7/11 -

Comment

Just applied and then received Barclay rewards card with $1500.00 limit two weeks ago. Am 16 months out from chapt. 15 discharge w/100% payback. I have plenty of cash but feel this is only way to improve my credit score. Paid off mortgage during bk.
                              Just looking here to see everyone's impressions of this card.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X