Equifax or MyFICO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equifax or MyFICO

I was on the Equifax site today and they offer a FICO score now.

Does it matter if I order my FICO score from the Equifax site or MyFICO since they are both a FICO score?

Thanks
    PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Are you sure that the Equifax Credit Score is a FICO score? Even their Website says that they are not the same. I have Equifax credit monitoring and it is definitely not the same as the FICO model used on MyFICO (BEACON® 09). I have found the score on MyFico for "Equifax" to be the exact score I received from most lenders.

(Remember, lenders could be using different "models" for FICO. Not all "credit scores" are FICO scores, and not all FICO scores use the same model. )
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Cut and pasted directly from Equifax website:

Equifax Credit Report with FICO® Score
      Save big by knowing your FICO score with Equifax Credit Score
      Your credit score is a key factor in whether you qualify for credit, and can impact both the interest rate and loan amount you receive.

I hope they are the same score.
      Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
      Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
      Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

Interesting. It is indeed a FICO-score.

Just like on MyFICO, they call this service "Score Watch", too. Even the monthly price ($14.95) is the same.

http://www.equifax.com/fico-score-credit-watch/
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Their "Score Watch" is definitely not a FICO score. I use ScoreWatch (for notifications) and it does not match MyFICO. For a good FICO score on Equifax, I trust MyFICO (Fair Isaac's site).

I see the issue... I have Equifax Complete Premiere from NFCU, and it is not a FICO score.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
            Their "Score Watch" is definitely not a FICO score. I use ScoreWatch (for notifications) and it does not match MyFICO. For a good FICO score on Equifax, I trust MyFICO (Fair Isaac's site).

I see the issue... I have Equifax Complete Premiere from NFCU, and it is not a FICO score.
            Yup, that's it. Equifax Complete is not a FICO - only ScoreWatch is. Interesting, BTW, that ScoreWatch is listed as a registered trademark - another indication that it should be identical to MyFICO's product.

Oh, I just noticed that they sell a Score Power report as well - another very familiar (and up 'til now, exclusive) MyFICO-term.

http://www.equifax.com/credit-score/
            Last edited by IBroke; 11-22-2013, 09:47 AM.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Well, I thought is was a FICO score. Let's just put it this way, I feel as though I was robbed by Equifax!

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                Well, I thought is was a FICO score. Let's just put it this way, I feel as though I was robbed by Equifax!
                Don't feel bad about it, justbroke.

After all, we are all robbed: Some by Equifax and others by MyFICO.

Comment

I suggest using the Credit Karma score to guide you
                  They review most cards they offer and you can see the range of CK users accepted with their scores.
                  Now if they'd just kick back part of the referral income!
                  The barclay's fico score is good if you have a barclay's card , and they seem to be very BK friendly.
                  filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

To this day, it blows me away how much MyFICO charges to get your real scores.. they must make a killing.. I think it's now $60 if you wanted to check all three... robbery. I refuse to do it. I'll just apply to a mortgage lender and let them tell me what they are...yeah, will take a inquiry hit, but I'm applying for a loan anyways. Of course, meanwhile, I use USAA's Experian service.. much cheaper.. but of course, FAKO scores. At least it gives me a "sense" of what they are. Will cancel it soon since I won't need it soon.
                    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X