Capital One Blacklist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippytoes View Post
    You are not the only one, OP. My husband had a Cap1 card with a $2,000 balance. They are the only ones who sued him, and he filed on the date of his hearing. He is over a year out from his discharge
    Could be that the default on the CC was too recent. Although we got our CC-cards with Cap. One basically right after BK, we defaulted about 5 years before that.

Originally posted by grizindabox View Post
    I think a big difference is I waited for Cap 1 to come to me, offer up the pre-qual. I did not app with them.
    That makes sense, too. We also receive pre-approvals for auto-loans from them on a regular basis (at least once a month).
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I got the same worded letter. They do blacklist so does Discover, Chase and Bank of America.

Comment

Originally posted by ellis2156 View Post
        I got the same worded letter. They do blacklist so does Discover, Chase and Bank of America.
        Appears that's the case, though I keep reading on here all these people getting approved with 3 Cap One card included in their BK 3 months after discharge, too many factors can make or break this.

Comment

I decided to go debt free for a long time after CH7 discharge (8/11). I finally bit the bullet and applied with Cap 1 today (I discharged a $4k CC debt to them in BK). I was approved for $3k CC no problem. Who knows?
          "It is better to have loved and lost than to have been married to the anti-christ for 16 years"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X