top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IIB accounts not showing in Credit Reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIB accounts not showing in Credit Reports?

I filled for CH7 bankruptcy at the end of January and I am expecting my discharge soon. I decided to check my credit reports and to my surprise most of my credit card accounts are no longer on my report. Out of six CCs included in my bankruptcy just 2 are on the report showing as IIB, the other 4 accounts have disappeared from the CR. Is this normal?

I'd say that's fairly common. You should expect to see accounts pop on and off your credit reports for some months to come. In some cases it takes a bit of vigilance to get your reports straightened out. I had a few small accounts to work on but for the most part my reports were correct after about six months. The things I focused on were last reported date = discharge month or before, balance = zero and status = IIB. Good luck
    Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I agree with BobMango. Collection accounts particularly, should be gone. The more IIB accounts that disappear, the better. Some folks just luck out that way.

Comment

I figured maybe I am better off with fewer derogatory accounts showing. It was my Citi and AX accounts that are not showing and those were my longest standing accounts with good payment history up until deciding to file. I had nothing in collections so now all that is showing are just 2 IIB CCs from Chase and a couple of older closed and paid off accounts and leases. Just waiting for my discharge now so I can get started rebuilding my credit.

Comment

I had one account disappear the week after I was discharged.
          Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
          Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
          Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X