New CC on credit reports....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New CC on credit reports....

How long does it take for a new credit card to show up on your credit reports.

I got a new cc in the middle of last month and it is still not on my reports, but the hard pull showed up with days.

Thanks

PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Depends on who the CC is with. I've had some show up before I even get the card, others after my first statement posted. Some will report new accounts right away, some report whenever their usual reporting time is. That's been my experience anyway.

Comment

Have you made any payments to the creditor?
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Originally posted by spidge View Post
        Have you made any payments to the creditor?
        yes, I have made 3 already within the first three weeks of having the card. Charged over $2000 and paid it off right away.

Its Capital One.

Comment

My two Cap1's both reported the first time, within a few days of the first statement.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyGuy View Post
            yes, I have made 3 already within the first three weeks of having the card. Charged over $2000 and paid it off right away.

Its Capital One.
            Have you received a statement yet?
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Its Capital One.
              If you pay of the balance before you receive a bill, your utilization will probably not show up on your credit reports. Since I am assuming the credit limit is not very high, you are probably better off not having the high utilization show up anyway. Keep your balance to 10% for best results and never above 30%.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                If you pay of the balance before you receive a bill, your utilization will probably not show up on your credit reports. Since I am assuming the credit limit is not very high, you are probably better off not having the high utilization show up anyway. Keep your balance to 10% for best results and never above 30%.
                I partially agree with Lady. Wait until your statement comes out the make your payments but never leave a balance. I'm coming up to 7 years post discharge and I've never paid a dime of interest to credit card companies and my credit has risen steadily since my discharge.
                Whatever you do, good luck!

Comment

I have not received a statement yet, in a few days will be one month having the card.

The credit limit is $3000, I have charged my monthly utility bills and car insurance. I am not looking to rebuild credit, for the rewards, I think my credit scores are pretty good one year out from discharge. I have over $50 already in rewards, and didn't pay any extra fees using my CC to pay them, why not get something extra back. I paid the CC as soon as I made the payments.

I eventually want CapOne's Venture card with the travel rewards.

Comment

I have not received a statement yet, in a few days will be one month having the card.

The credit limit is $3000, I have charged my monthly utility bills and car insurance. I am not looking to rebuild credit, for the rewards, I think my credit scores are pretty good one year out from discharge. I have over $50 already in rewards, and didn't pay any extra fees using my CC to pay them, why not get something extra back. I paid the CC as soon as I made the payments.

I eventually want CapOne's Venture card with the travel rewards.
                    If you don't care about rebuilding, than by all means, charge away. Since rewards are your priority, I recommend you do pay off your charges before you get your bills so a high utilization doesn't hurt your score.
                    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

It just occurred to me: If rebuilding isn't a priority, why do you care when the card shows up on your reports? If it's so you can get the Venture card, then you should worry about rebuilding, including showing utilization, but keeping it low. Maybe pay off some charges before the bill comes out and leave a small balance that you pay off as soon as you get the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                        It just occurred to me: If rebuilding isn't a priority, why do you care when the card shows up on your reports? If it's so you can get the Venture card, then you should worry about rebuilding, including showing utilization, but keeping it low. Maybe pay off some charges before the bill comes out and leave a small balance that you pay off as soon as you get the bill.
                        Yes, I agree, and have.

I have only charged what I have the cash for. So I have use my new CC, then sent the entire amount to my CC.

My rebuilding effort since my discharge was to get a good CC limit, and I am happy with $3000 limit. I have a house and car, so no worries there (knock on wood).

If I an get a $5000 limit in the future and the Venture card, I will be happy.

I don't see any large purchases in the future, and the goal is to run my car to 200,000+ miles.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X