top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lexington Law to remove items from credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexington Law to remove items from credit report?

I have a friend who is wanting to use this law office to remove items from her credit report. https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/lp/mobi...-call-now.html

She says, "they send a letter out to each debt collector and they have thirty days to respond. Most companies won't respond so by law after 30 days they have to wipe the debt clean and put paid on your report. If you try to pay a debt off it can still show unpaid on your account for 7 years even if its paid."

Is this legit?

We were cautioned before, during and after our bankruptcy that these companies don't actually solve any credit report problems.

Thanks in advance!
    Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
    Livin' the GOOD life

Don't waste your money. You can do the same thing by yourself.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Lexington Law is well known and has a horrible reputation. I would advise your friend to stay far, far away from Lexington Law.

Not only can you do anything Lexington Law can do, as pointed as by LITR, but you can do more and you can do it better.

What usually happens when people ask about Lexington Law is that they ask about it, ignore what people tell them and sign up anyway, get very mediocre results, and then post about how to get rid of Lexington Law.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoneynomore View Post
        I have a friend who is wanting to use this law office to remove items from her credit report. https://www.lexingtonlaw.com/lp/mobi...-call-now.html

She says, "they send a letter out to each debt collector and they have thirty days to respond. Most companies won't respond so by law after 30 days they have to wipe the debt clean and put paid on your report. If you try to pay a debt off it can still show unpaid on your account for 7 years even if its paid."

Is this legit?

We were cautioned before, during and after our bankruptcy that these companies don't actually solve any credit report problems.

Thanks in advance!

Ask them to show you where in the FCRA it states that. There is your answer. Stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoneynomore View Post
          (...)they have to wipe the debt clean and put paid on your report. If you try to pay a debt off it can still show unpaid on your account for 7 years even if its paid(..)
          This doesn't make any sense to me.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Lending Tree put me on thir marketing list. the fact that they were pushier han a collection agency got my spidey senses tingling. They're not doing anything you can't do yourself.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X