• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone apply for the DISCOVER It Card?

Anyone apply for the DISCOVER It Card?

If so, what do you think of it?

Thanks!

-C

I have the Discover it secured card. Got it about 4 months post discharge.

It's a pretty solid card. They rotate cashback reward which is kind of annoying, but right now (for 3 months) they are giving 5% cashback on all gas purchases. Pretty nice.

I honest don't use it much because my other cards give better cashback. Cap1 gives 1.5% on everything.

I think it looks good on my report to have an open Discover card. They are a prime lender and other lender see that Discover approved me, so they are more likely to approve me as well. My report does not indicate that it is secured.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I bk 13 in 08 dis in 13 I'm afraid to pull the trigger with Discover. I figure I'm still on blacklist.

Comment

where did you get the application for the discover secured card?
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I read somewhere that Discover will approve you, with a BK, after 2 years!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
            where did you get the application for the discover secured card?
            There isn't a direct application. You have to first apply for the regular Discover it and be counter-offered a Discover it secured.

I think I may have actually applied for the student Discover it but it isn't any different.
            Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I keep getting Discover IT card off'll. Iers in the mail (weekly). Plan to apply for it this weekend, I'tll let you know if were approved. Our credits score's are now around 760's almost 2 years chapt 13 discharge. Its been 7 years since filing and all mention of BK dropped off our reports this month.
              Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
              Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

I have an IT for (not secured)....discharged May 2013, got it in March. Like TX said, the rotating categories are a bit irritating, but it looks good on your report.

Comment

Just got approved for a discover it card. $12,500 credit limit. 0% for 14 months 15.99 after that. The BK just fell off our reports in July (7 years from filing chapter 13). Credit score jumped to 769 this month.
                  Be patient... there is life after BK!
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
                  Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

I got this app in the mail this week. I bk'd them in2007. Pulled the trigger and was approved. Guess I'm off the blacklist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo View Post
                      I bk 13 in 08 dis in 13 I'm afraid to pull the trigger with Discover. I figure I'm still on blacklist.
                      I'm still in Ch13, but Discover is the only credit card on my credit card reported as "open", yet the filed a proof of claim, so I wonder if they will welcome me or blacklist me when I am post-discharge, which is another 4 years from now.

Comment

My BK was in August of 2010, so it just turned 4 years old. I did not BK Discover. I was just approved for an IT card with a $1500 credit line and 20% apr... which I am fine with, I have not paid a dime of interest since I started rebuilding my credit.

She did ask me about my BK, and I gave her a pretty generic answer.

$1500 is my lowest credit line (my highest is 6k with Arrival), but I am fine with it. Have to start somewhere.
                        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                        Discharged: August 2010
                        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X