No announcement yet.

Account that was included in my Chpt 13 bankruptcy is showing as a charge off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account that was included in my Chpt 13 bankruptcy is showing as a charge off

I pulled my annual credit report last week and noticed that an account that was included in my bankruptcy is now showing as a charge off. The amount they are charging off is the amount my bankruptcy didn't pay. I thought accounts that were discharged through bk could not show as CO as of May 2014. I was discharged May 2013. I disputed this item, but the credit agency came back and stated it would remain on my credit report and no changes would be made. I sent them a list of all the accounts that were included in my BK. The list clearly shows the account I was disputing. What are my other options in getting this corrected?

Thanks!
    Janet
    Filed CH 13 4/21/08
    Discharged 5/29/13

After you dispute it in writing and make varied FCRA threats, you could re-open your bankruptcy and file either file a complaint or contested matter alleging that they are trying to collect through coercion which would be a violation of discharge injunction. You might even get an attorney to take it on contingency. (One of those bankruptcy attorney's that like to do consumer-attorney type of work as a defender of the debtor.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X