Late payment posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late payment posting

I had a line of credit with Wells Fargo that I included in my 13. Ever since I filed five years ago, they have been reporting me as "late 30 days" every month for the last five years. They are the only creditor who has done this. Can they report me as late after I file? If not, what is best way to correct this from my report?

You could try calling Wells Fargo to rectify this (doesnt hurt to try since they are already doing it). If this is what I think it is, they are not directly saying you are late.. but WF is updating the "date" stamp on the account so it makes it "appear" as though you are late in making a payment within the past 30 days or so. It's supposedly a legal loophole some creditors do. I had this happen to me in the past but with a different creditor.

Is WF doing it to all 3 CRAs? If so, you can also try "disputing" to each of the CRAs.
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

AMEX did the same thing to me. I sent them a letter and it didn't work. If finally stopped when my plan was completed and discharged.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X