One annoying credit report issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One annoying credit report issue

Our CR's look mostly great right now... and we're now just over 6 mos post-Chap 7 discharge. We have one annoying problem on our CRs that I just can't figure out.... and I'm wondering if it even matters?

Everything on our reports pre-BK is noted as being included in the bankruptcy, or just outright disappeared, except for one collection account.

It's from RJM Acquisitions, a collection agency I'm sure many of you have likely dealt with. They show us as having an "open" account with a balance of $0.00. They show the original amount due, and the original creditor. They continually updated it every other month or so, but with a $0 balance. It does not indicate that it was included in the bankruptcy. I've tried to get it marked as closed or IIB, but the the CRAs just let it stay put. Both the original creditor and RJM were listed in our BK petition.

How can they keep reporting an open collections account with a $0 balance 6 months after discharge?

Does it matter, really, since they are reporting $0 owed anyway?

It's due to drop off in another 8-9 months anyway, so I'm not stressing about it too much, but I'm not sure I get how they can report it as an open account with regular updates. There's nothing to update.

Did you send RJM a DV letter? Did you send them a copy of your discharge?

If it's so close to dropping off, you could dispute it as obsolete to the CRA.

RJM is a junk debt buyer. JDBs are scum. Do not expect them to do the right thing.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

It doesn't sound like they are reporting anything negative. I wouldn't worry about it, especially when it will be gone soon.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        It doesn't sound like they are reporting anything negative.
        Problem is: If it is reported as a collection account, its existence is a negative by itself.

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
        I wouldn't worry about it, especially when it will be gone soon.
        That, however, is something I can certainly agree on.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X