Target Red Card--poor customer service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target Red Card--poor customer service

Long story but I had a 4 hour period due to a mistake on my part wher my Checking account fell to around $80. Coincidentally my Target Red Card grabbed my payment during this 4 hour payment. I did not find out about this until a week later when they reversed the transaction and charged me $25.
    No big deal since I've been a customer for a couple of years and pay my bills in full and on time so they'd refund the $25. When I called it they treated me more like I was in collections than a valued customer. I couldn't believe my ears when all they did was try to collect payment rather than try to help and keep my business.
    In the end I paid the $25. It was a 5% cashback card so I'm still ahead but I cancelled the card and told my wife to shop elsewhere.
    Stay away from these people!

Logan

Just a good example at how people with "long time customer status" and "good payer all along" and blah, blah, blah becomes just another deadbeat when it comes to creditors (especially banks) getting their money. I have always tried to make people understand that you will get zero special treatment just because you have credit or have been a long standing "good" customer if something happens that is not in favor of the creditor (even unintentional mistakes). They will all treat you as another debtor that did not pay their bill. Thank you for driving home my point although it seems to have burst your bubble a little! Pay cash then no one can make you feel like that, you take away their power....

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
      Just a good example at how people with "long time customer status" and "good payer all along" and blah, blah, blah becomes just another deadbeat when it comes to creditors (especially banks) getting their money. I have always tried to make people understand that you will get zero special treatment just because you have credit or have been a long standing "good" customer if something happens that is not in favor of the creditor (even unintentional mistakes). They will all treat you as another debtor that did not pay their bill. Thank you for driving home my point although it seems to have burst your bubble a little! Pay cash then no one can make you feel like that, you take away their power....
      This is not true of all creditors and that is exactly why I cancelled this card. And in the end I still made more money than the $25 they just took from me. Enough that my wife still wanted to keep the card due to the rebates.

I should also note that I get over $125 a month using my credit cards over cash. One bad creditor will not change that.

You can continue to use cash and I'll continue to collect my reward.

Comment

I just looked up last years total rebates from my credit cards and I redeemed $1345 for the year. I just bought a new car and was planning on paying an extra $100 a month towards my payment and these rebates will more than cover that $100.

Comment

"I couldn't believe my ears when all they did was try to collect payment rather than try to help and keep my business."

You made the comment about the terrible treatment and how they wanted the money more than your business. I was just agreeing with you that you hold no clout after being a customer to them all this time. They did their job with you and did it well, you are hooked! Yes, I will absolutely pay cash, always, so no problem there! The best to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Drazil65 View Post
            "I couldn't believe my ears when all they did was try to collect payment rather than try to help and keep my business."

You made the comment about the terrible treatment and how they wanted the money more than your business. I was just agreeing with you that you hold no clout after being a customer to them all this time. They did their job with you and did it well, you are hooked! Yes, I will absolutely pay cash, always, so no problem there! The best to you...
            Yes, but you made it sound like all creditors are that way. Fortunately they are not all the same. I think it's great that people use cash. Personally I prefer credit cards because I can track all my spending very easily and I get the money back. Who doesn't want more money?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X