top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trusteee made pmts thru plan showing neg on credit report..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trusteee made pmts thru plan showing neg on credit report..

Just curious if the trustee was making my car pmts thru the plan can the Credit Union report the payments as late ??? My credit report is showing 29 late payments made that were made by the trustee ????????? Also , I am showing late payments on my report for credit cards that were included in my plan after my file date of 10-2009. I am in a chapter 13 that's close to being discharged so I started trying to clean up my reports . I started making my own Mort- Helco pmts in November and my credit score went up 60 points to my surprise...
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

No. They cannot show the payments as late. I had this issue and I filed a dispute with the credit reporting agencies (CRAs). I had to do that twice before it was corrected. I made sure the CRAs understood that I filed bankruptcy and that the debt should be removed or listed as IIB with a $0 balance and no history.

I would certainly start doing some "spring" cleaning. (By spring cleaning I mean to start disputing things and see if they are removed or updated to IIB.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for responding justbroke.. I am guessing part of the problem was the trustee lowered my car payments to spread them out for the 5yrs . I cleaned up my Trans Union. Now starting to work on my Equifax who is showing what Ihad in my original post. They are showing no open Mortgage or Helco. They also show former address as the corporate address to my employer.. How does this stuff get so messed up !
      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Credit reporting is not a science. It's basically garbage in, garbage out. The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) makes the agency and the creditor liable for reporting "bad' information, but nobody really cares.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          C The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) makes the agency and the creditor liable for reporting "bad' information, but nobody really cares.
          That's the truth. Credit reporting is just a big game.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

A game where the rules are made up by the banks on any given day....and everyone falls for it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X