never again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never again

I had a chapt 7 5 yrs ago. But I have a game plan now. hopefully i'll Never been in this boat again

it's a terrible place to be in life.

I'm on plan now, total money makeover... it works. but it requires work, sacrifice... time.
    Last edited by Minnymouth; 05-25-2007, 08:55 AM.

whats this dave ramsey plan ? All I ever do is work lately .. 60-70-80 hours OVERTIME. I need a game plan because all I ever like to do is gamble besides work work work.

Thanks, CMIYC
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post
      whats this dave ramsey plan ? All I ever do is work lately .. 60-70-80 hours OVERTIME. I need a game plan because all I ever like to do is gamble besides work work work.

Thanks, CMIYC
      Forget about dave whoever. If you like to gamble, open a stock brokerage account and put your money there.

Comment

I listen to Dave everyday. I am not able to apply his principles at this point, because I am too far in debt. IMO, Dave oversimplifies things a lot. He thinks you can fall out of bed, and find a 2nd job. I wish it were that easy. He's also as anti-bankruptcy as any financial guy there is. I've heard him absolutley berrate people on the radio for suggesting it.

Comment

There is a difference between "talk" and "act"... just as there is a illusion between "dream" and "reality"...

Comment

AHMEN, BKONCE!! Truer words were never spoken!!
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Is it just me, or does it seem like every "make a budget plan" seems to want to charge you a monthly or yearly fee to do so?
              Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
              341: 2/6/08
              Discharged: 4/11/08
              Finally closing: ???

Comment

The more I listen to Dave Ramsey, and his success stories, a couple of things I keep noticing.

The people who call in, make a lot of money(most in excess of $100k)
                Most don't have children in the home(lots of older folks)
                Most of them are in debt, for no good reason other than poor spending habits, so there's little to cut out, that's needed, to make it happen.

Comment

Dave Ramsey is against bankruptcy?

I do not think Dave Ramsey berates people considering bankruptcy but he does ask them tough questions, a big difference. Many people who are considering bankruptcy are defensive because they have already chosen bankruptcy and do not want to hear advice to the contrary.

I always thought a budget was a simple process so what do you get if you pay for a budget program? When I started a budget I wrote down EVERYTHING that I spent money on and then every month I would categorize and total the numbers. Then I would closely scrutinize each expeiditure.

Thanks. Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.

Comment

Originally posted by Avoid Bankruptc View Post
                    I do not think Dave Ramsey berates people considering bankruptcy but he does ask them tough questions, a big difference. Many people who are considering bankruptcy are defensive because they have already chosen bankruptcy and do not want to hear advice to the contrary.

Honestly, I think in many cases, it's just the opposite. Dave can't stand the idea someone would do something he doesn't advocate, so he goes after them. Don't kid yourself, this guy has a huge ego.

Comment

Originally posted by gazelle View Post
                      I had a chapt 7 5 yrs ago. But I have a game plan now. hopefully i'll Never been in this boat again

it's a terrible place to be in life.

I'm on plan now, total money makeover... it works. but it requires work, sacrifice... time.

You banned me from your board, because I wanted to talk about some problems with Dave's system?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X