Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eyeglasses for WAY less than $100

I'm on a roll today...

I ran across this blog last spring, and really couldn't believe it, but couldn't stop wondering about it, either.

http://glassyeyes.blogspot.com/2006/...s-are-for.html

I was in desperate need of new glasses, and had been putting it off forever, since they're so darned expensive. I had a real eye exam, by a real optometrist, but I finally decided to give one of these places a try. I went with Goggles4U (despite the name!), and I have to say I will never buy eyeglasses from a store again.

My first pair, with non-glare, UV, and anti-scratch coatings, spring hinges, and free shipping, cost $25 and they're perfect. After I left them at home one day and paid dearly for it all day long, I got another pair, springing for the higher value refraction (which makes them thinner). This ran the price up to (gasp) $35, but they refunded 15% as promised, since I was a repeat customer. They take forever to ship, but otherwise are identical in quality to anything I've ever bought in a store. HUGE, overwhelming selection.

If you've got a family, you really must try this. Try on frames in a local store to get an idea of the shapes you like, then look for something similar online.
    Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
    341 meeting: July 18, 2008
    last day for objections: September 16, 2008
    DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

That sounds great! So many times health insurance will only cover the eye exam and the glasses are the biggest cost. I have been using Walmart for a few years to purchase my eye glasses because they seem to be the most inexpensive place to purchase them. I might give that place a try.
    If they are that cheap, I could get a pair in every color to coordinate with my wardrobe. lol maybe not

Comment

Many of my coworkers buy glasses from zennioptical.com . In fact, I am looking forward to finally having the time to get my eyes checked. In the past we have paid 300 or so for glasses(with insurance). Even if I pick one of the more expensive pairs, it will still be way cheaper than that. and my coworkers have such cute glasses. One has a different pair for each outfit she wears, they are that cheap and she has that much $ to goof with.
      Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
      Plan approved- 7/11/05
      Date discharged--10-12-2007
      Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X