No announcement yet.

Post Bankruptcy Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, I love that you scored yourself honestly! Can I ask, it being February now and you having the raise, have you been able to put some into savings as you have planned? Our situation should change next month and I plan on putting into savings more and I darn well know things come up, they look all shiny, and one starts to think bigger when the situation changes for the better. Has this happened to you?

Comment

Hey BookGoddess. If there is one thing I learned through my experience, it's that it doesn't pay to lie to yourself.

Anyway, we have been able to set aside some money for savings so far this month. I still need to pay off that well pump, so that impacts the amount we can save, but we are definitely on track for building our savings. One thing the wife and I did was sit down and make a list of the "luxuries" we want once that last debt is paid. Then we prioritized them and made a plan for when we could get them based on keeping our savings going. Keeping that list in mind helps when we get tempted. The other thing that is interesting is how items on that list change from time to time. I keep thinking - before, I would have gone and bought it and then regretted it shortly thereafter. Now I make sure I really want something before I buy it because it has to spend some time on the list before I pull the trigger. Thanks and good luck.
      Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

Bob, thank you for this thread and the follow up. Having just been discharged myself, I have started the process of post-BK life. Your roadmap is very similar to mine and contains a lot of wisdom. Thanks for sharing!
        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

I didn't read every single post in this thread so excuse me if it's been said, but re #6: Orchard IS the one with the high fee. My local CU offers a secured Visa card with no annual fee and 14% APR (but who cares about the APR if you're gonna pay it off every month anyway). Surely there's one near you.
          Don
          Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
          Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X