Dish Network....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dish Network....?

Anyone here have Dish Network? We are looking into cancelling our cable (which is the most basic, $15 plan with only the news and crap channels) and we saw this 19.99 plan with Dish. I have a distinct feeling it's 19.99* with all sorts of mumbo jumbo. I've already noticed that if you want local channels like CBS, ABC, NBC, etc. it's an additional $5/month. There goes the 19.99 right out the window. I'm okay with $25/month, but wondering if there are more hidden fees and things that will be tacked on later.

Also, when we asked our landlord for permission to have a dish installed, he suggested getting our own pole. He said they will try to charge an arm and a leg when we could get one much cheaper from Lowe's/Home Depot or the like. I am wondering, if it would be REALLY that much to have the company take care of doing it. Hubby is not that handy and rolled his eyes at me when I told him, we have no shovel, no post hole digger or whatever-you-call-it, and I'm sure the pole needs to be cemented in the ground, etc. I'm thinking it may be easier to let the installation guy handle this one lol!

Anyone want to fill me in on the scoop with this company? I don't want to end up stuck paying way more money than I'm budgeting for. Thanks!

They can charge up to $150 for the pole. And that $19.99 to the best of my understanding (I just had to help my elderly neighbor figure out her bill.) looks more like $49.99 minus a rebate they are crediting her for in a most convoluted way, something like... $39.99... But they also made her pay for a year of service up front and are subtracting the monthly payment from her balance every month. That is definitely something to think about.

YOU CAN put the dish pole mounted on a tripod, and if they tell you that you can't (which they will try to tell you that you can't), then let me send you a picture of the neighborhood lol. That is how EVERYBODY does it around here. You just want to be sure the tripod is level and anchored securely to the ground with tent stakes and tie down cable so it doesn't get knocked over.

Comment

Dish is a scam...i just canceled them and went back to regular cable. I started with dish about 5 years ago. My bill typically ran around $50. Now it runs about $100 with NO PREMIUM CHANNELS. $40 or so of that was for fees. Look at all the small print. You get charged fees for everything with them. I'm back with cable, and can't be more happier!
      filed chpt 13 05/09
      payback 100%
      projected completion date 09/13!!! Actually completed 1/14 (4.5 years)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X