Groupon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groupon

I was turned on to a site called Groupon that is online coupons. In the last month I have purchased 5 Groupons where I get discounts and specials on various items. For $35 I get 25 workouts at a nearby gym, We get 4 family photos for $16 from a photographer, we get %50 off soaps and other items at a specialty store my wife shops at up to $50.
    New deals pop up every day with discounts from food, to whale watching to hotels.

If you want to take a look at it here's the link

Yes, this link tells them I referred you and I get perks if you by a groupon.

Let me know what you guys think and I'm trying out other ways to earn and save money that I will pass along when I feel the sites are worthy.

Logan

Groupon is okay...about 50% of the offers generally aren't worth it in the first place, and the other 45% of offers are things no one needs so you shouldn't spend any money on them regardless of how good the deal.

This website is a little more helpful on the day to day stuff
    BeFrugal offers the highest Cash Back rates plus exclusive coupons & deals for 5000+ stores. Join for free now and get a $10 Cash Bonus!

But there really is no good, all purpose, coupon or discount website that I have found. You have to piece together savings from various sources
    Last edited by HHM; 05-30-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
      Groupon is okay...about 50% of the offers generally aren't worth it in the first place, and the other 45% of offers are things no one needs so you shouldn't spend any money on them regardless if the deal.

BeFrugal offers the highest Cash Back rates plus exclusive coupons & deals for 5000+ stores. Join for free now and get a $10 Cash Bonus!

But there really is no good, all purpose, coupon or discount website that I have found. You have to piece together savings from various sources
      I agree but it's just like the coupons that come in the Sunday Newspaper. I usually only find 1 or 2 each Sunday and they don't even pay for the paper. Groupon is similar that most coupons will never be used but I don't have to pay for the Sunday paper to get them.

HHM, I just looked at the befrugal website--some good stuff but I like Groupon because local shops get involved that you normally wouldn't find coupons for elsewhere. I've bought 4 items through groupon so far and found some good stuff.

Comment

Just bought $20 groupon for $10 at Old Navy. My wife will also buy one so we'll get $40 worth of clothes for 20 bucks.

Check this out if you haven't already.

Comment

Living Social is another good one. Usually I look on both for things I need to buy anyway. I haven't purchased yet from Groupon but have from Living Social.
          A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Anyone using groupon?
            We just had some family photos taken with a Groupon. Great Deal!! This isn't necessarily a site to save money on day to day things although sometimes you can but for for discounts on things like Dinner out, harbor cruises, or getting family photos. Here's my referral link.

Comment

Rather than pay for coupons, I just go directly to the source, and then get the coupons for free.

For example, I like a certain restaurant called Souper Salad, so I go to their website and register with them, and from time to time they send me an email with a printable coupon, and then I simply print out the coupon and take it with me the next time I go to that restaurant. It saves me money, and it doesn't cost me anything. Another example is V8 juice. They have printable coupons on their website. Whatever you like, look for their website online and then get the coupons directly from them for free. Cut out the middleman service.

When free coupons come in the mail, if it is something I want, then I cut them out and use them at the store.

And get this! In some stores they will actually meet or beat any competitor's ads. So, go through your free adds that come in the mail and if you find something you want, bring the ad with you to the store and then ask them if they can beat or at least meet that price. They almost always will try to at least meet it. Sometimes they will offer a comparable brand at the same price. This way you don't have to run all over town trying to get each store's weekly specials.
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                Rather than pay for coupons, I just go directly to the source, and then get the coupons for free.

For example, I like a certain restaurant called Souper Salad, so I go to their website and register with them, and from time to time they send me an email with a printable coupon, and then I simply print out the coupon and take it with me the next time I go to that restaurant. It saves me money, and it doesn't cost me anything. Another example is V8 juice. They have printable coupons on their website. Whatever you like, look for their website online and then get the coupons directly from them for free. Cut out the middleman service.

When free coupons come in the mail, if it is something I want, then I cut them out and use them at the store.

And get this! In some stores they will actually meet or beat any competitor's ads. So, go through your free adds that come in the mail and if you find something you want, bring the ad with you to the store and then ask them if they can beat or at least meet that price. They almost always will try to at least meet it. Sometimes they will offer a comparable brand at the same price. This way you don't have to run all over town trying to get each store's weekly specials.
                We have been using quite a few free meal coupons with Ruby Tuesday. If you "like" them on facebook they send you free meal coupons. Last month I received 6 total (2 coupons a month for me, dh and teen's FB accounts). I was able to use 3 coupons at one time if we asked for separate checks.

Nothing beats FREE!
                "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post

Nothing beats FREE!
                  Wonderful words of wisdom right there......
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                    Groupon is okay...about 50% of the offers generally aren't worth it in the first place, and the other 45% of offers are things no one needs so you shouldn't spend any money on them regardless of how good the deal.

Well you can also try https://www.couponoutlet.org/ or https://www.retailmenot.com. As they also provide valid deals.

Comment

taziphillips please re-read the forum rules on opening old posts.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X