Mint.com saved me from a huge headache!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mint.com saved me from a huge headache!

I just wanted to share this... I have been using Mint.com for several months now and am very happy with it for tracking spending. I also use my debit card frequently, it's another way I track expenses and frankly is very convenient. A few days ago I logged onto Mint to look at a few things and see a pending transaction to a store that I never shop at. I call my bank and sure enough someone must have stolen my debit card number. I was able to block the card and have them issue another one immediately. The transaction was reversed the next day and after a thorough review of everything I realized that was the only transaction. Thankfully I caught it quickly, but I honestly may not have were it not for Mint. Highly recommend it! Love the app also for you smart phone people.
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

I review my debit card transactions once a day to look for problems. Not just for fraud but also they are still fresh in my mind and with today's technology it's pretty easy.

Comment

I go on my bank's website daily because all I use is my debit card. Normally everything I buy comes out right away so if there is something that I didn't purchase I know it. Their mobile site sucks so I might look into mint.com.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

I like Mint as well, that is great you were able to catch it before too much damage set in! Did they say how they were possibly able to get your debit card information?
        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
        Discharged: August 2010
        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
          I like Mint as well, that is great you were able to catch it before too much damage set in! Did they say how they were possibly able to get your debit card information?
          Unfortunately, no idea. I use my debit card for almost everything so it could have been anywhere. Criminals are sneaky these days!
          A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

I have this app on my iPhone as well. It makes it very easy to see what is going on in multiple accounts in one view. I view two checking accounts and my Paypal account that way.
            C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
            Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

I police my wife with it!!!!!!!!!!!!
              11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X