Savings account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savings account

Does a savings account show up on a credit report and the Chex system?

The reason for having one is not to park cash, but for ACH reasons. Wal-Mart got rid of ACH on their money card.

Hi jacko. I have a Health Savings Account (HSA). It does not show up in any kind of check system that I know of.

When our credit reports were run January 4, 2012, it was at the CU where we do our business and I have this HSA.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

If the bank or CU where you have (or are planning to open) your savings account orders a screening from Chex Systems that inquiry will show up only if a creditor pulls a report from Chex Systems themselves. If they run a regular credit report, the bank will be listed as the entity ordering the report - and a creditor could possibly see that. You can certainly ask the bank/CU about their qualifying criteria for savings accounts and whether they make an inquiry to Chex, any of the big 3 credit bureaus or none at all.

None of the hard copies that we ordered from the 3 major credit bureaus shows any banking information (checking or savings account) about us.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

In my many years i have never seen banking info on credit reports.

Comment

Thanks, for all your input.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
            In my many years i have never seen banking info on credit reports.
            The last time I opened a checking and savings account, there was a hard pull on my credit report, and the (fortunately) erroneous employer information I gave them ended up on my Trans Union credit report, so I knew they gave Trans Union the information.

I wasn't even applying for a credit card, just a checking account/savings account.

Might as well ring the dinner bell for debt collectors!
            The world's simplest C & D Letter:
            "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
            Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X