Beware of the car repairman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
    $13,000 motor! My whole truck isn't even worth that!

But seriously, it is easy to change your own oil. It's not rocket science.

And it would have saved me hours of waiting and then get scolded by the repairman that I needed to change a bunch of fluids that don't need changing.
    Price a new Duramax diesel. Changing oil is easy, I choose not to.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I'm lucky because my husband is my mechanic. The ONE time we let someone else work on our rig, the whole wheel fell off my husband's suburban going 75 mph on the highway!

Comment

And people complain about gas prices...-) That is expensive fluids. Where they going to give you a gift of Omaha Steaks?

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
        I recently made the mistake of taking my truck in to have my oil changed. I usually just change my own oil, but it is hot outside and on the concrete, and I didn't feel like it.

I found a coupon for a $19.99 oil change.

After 1 hour of waiting for them to change my oil, they came out to me and told me that they checked my other fluids and needed to change my radiator fluid, my power steering fluid, my automatic transmission fluid, my brake fluid, and my rear differential fluid. It would cost me $560 to do this.

I said no way. Just change the engine oil and I would be on my way.

They got mad.

I had to wait for hours for them to finish changing my oil, because other customers were in front of me. Yeah right.

Anyways, they finally finished the job, I paid the 19.99 plus taxes, and they gave me printout with nasty remarks about me refusing critical services for my car.

I will never be back there.

Anytime someone says they need to change oils which are not directly involved in combustion, I get suspicious of them.

It is a way for them to run up the costs and cheat you out of a lot of money on needless things, and a good way to develop leaky gaskets when they are done with the job that never needed doing. I learned that the hard way with a rear differential that really never need its oil changed, but after they (a different company, several years ago) changed it, it leaked and then I had to have it repaired.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X