top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what to expect with my remaining student loans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to expect with my remaining student loans?

Hi. I filed chapter 13 in 2011 and my status with NDC is "ready for completion audit". I know I have about 1700 left to pay, they have 717 dollars in my account and a payment (330$) from my employer that hasn't posted yet. How long will it be, before I am contacted by the student loan company to begin paying it directly to them? Thanks.

I wouldn't wait for the student loan company to contact you. As soon as you have made your last plan payment and there is a student loan payment due that will not be covered by that final plan payment, make the loan payment directly.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you. Yes, I will have more payments to make but am not sure what my normal payments would be or if it will be sold to another company. Can you tell me how to find out when I went to "ready for completion audit" status and when that will change? I think it is 45 days. Or will that change after I have made the entire 1700 payments? Obviously I am not getting a lot of help from my attorney. Do you know what the questionaire is that she will be sending me and how much trouble will I be in due to having multiple credit cards?

Comment

I suggest you call your student loan company and ask. If they won't talk to you now, call as soon as you are discharged.

45 days sounds about right for discharge time after final payment. Unless your court has additional requirements (I haven't heard of one who does yet), the forms will be very simple. You will check boxes to certify you took your financial management course and that you are current on domestic support obligations, if you have any.

Do you mean that you currently have multiple credit cards? If so and they have balances, I can't say whether you will have trouble. If you have them and you haven't used them, it won't be a problem. If you are talking about credit cards you had before filing that are being discharged, that is a non-issue.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

i have new credit cards that have balances on them.

Comment

So how did the stiutation work out for you?
            Stopped CC payments May 2010. Stopped mortgage payments Oct 2011. Filed 13 Oct 2011, Plan confirmed July 2012. Trustee required surrender of second home. Foreclosure sale completed May 2013. Now almost 2 yrs into the 5 yr plan payments

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X