X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iswmle
    replied
    Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
    My degrees haven't done anything for me yet... except maybe get companies to interview me. Its really sad that just a few words on a piece of paper will either get you the interview or get you thrown out. I haven't really learned anything (well maybe I have just not consciencely...) and never had a company saying "if you get a degree we'll pay you more".
    Same here... I would gladly trade my degree for forgiveness on my loans... though at my current job I have been told I have a better chance of promotion due to my degree, but whatevs. I'm not seeing the pay off for higher education as it is right now.

I may change my view point years down the road, but right now I do feel very silly for going to school.

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    EXACTLY!!!!!! Or teachers.

Leave a comment:

• octoblonde
    replied
    ...Especially for people like social workers, etc...who can't get a job without a Master's degree, and when they do get a job, it only pays $20K a year.

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    I think student loans are the next crisis waiting to hit the economy it's criminal that you have young people graduating school and having to be indentured servants when for instance in Germany, France, etc., college is still free. It doesn't make economic sense.

Leave a comment:

• octoblonde
    replied
    Yes, please discharge my remaining 50K in student loans that I wasted on Pharmacy School. I'm disabled now because a lady wasn't paying attention when she was driving. You can have my Pharm.D. degree.

Leave a comment:

• Amy26
    replied
    My degrees haven't done anything for me yet... except maybe get companies to interview me. Its really sad that just a few words on a piece of paper will either get you the interview or get you thrown out. I haven't really learned anything (well maybe I have just not consciencely...) and never had a company saying "if you get a degree we'll pay you more".

Leave a comment:

• BFH
    replied
    Originally posted by DustinLH00 View Post
    Does this mean that you feel going in debt for the degree was not worth it. Just curious, not a conversation that gets had too often.
    In my case, it definitely wasn't worth it. Everyone else has a different set of circumstances and perspective, so for some it may be worth it. Circumstances changed during my studies, however, and if I could get a do-over, I wouldn't do it.

Leave a comment:

• DustinLH00
    replied
    Originally posted by BFH View Post
    I'd gladly trade the degree for discharge of the loans. Set it up chief.
    Does this mean that you feel going in debt for the degree was not worth it. Just curious, not a conversation that gets had too often.

Leave a comment:

• BFH
    replied
    Originally posted by CH33 Paralegal View Post
    I don't like that idea. If that happens I'm going to expect to get all my tuition money I spent refunded to me with interest.

and if you get your student loans discharged, I think you should get your degree discharged as well.
    I'd gladly trade the degree for discharge of the loans. Set it up chief.

Leave a comment:

• CH33 Paralegal
    replied
    I don't like that idea. If that happens I'm going to expect to get all my tuition money I spent refunded to me with interest.

and if you get your student loans discharged, I think you should get your degree discharged as well.

Leave a comment:

• HHM
    replied
    That would be cool.

Leave a comment:

• I_Suck
    started a topic Stimulate the Economy - Forgive Student Loans

Stimulate the Economy - Forgive Student Loans

I was all pissed off yesterday over my 9% interest rate on a student loan that I consolidated a few years ago and can't seem to get lowered. Some dude actually has a petition going to forgive student loan debt as a means of stimulating the economy. Better congress gives me the money than the Banks and Auto Industry.

Sounds good in theory, but undoubtedly will go nowhere. I signed the petition anyway.

Stimulate the economy through a true investment in America and Americans. (54293 signatures on petition)

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X