Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Loan

OK I have a few questions.

#1. I just learned that my frined 30 k of private studlent loan was dischrage. He told me that it went to collection company and he put the collection company on his schedule and it got discharge. Is that possible?

#2. My federal loan under the IBR program I have to pay $280/month. If i go ahead with the trial and lse the case. Can I still repay under the IBR program?

#3. My student loan would like to settle. again if go ahead with the trial. can I still take the offer later?

I have a 6k private student loan and I was told by my atty that student loans of ANY type are non dis-chargeable,but also there is such thing called "undue hardship" that you could try to prove to the court, but I heard it's very hard to get.
    Filed Chp 13.: 10/21/2010
    341: 12/2/2010
    Confirmed: 01/10/11

Comment

your friend is still responsible for the debt and at some point a collection agency will contact him.
      You can only discharge a student loan if you file a AP, you can list the debt anywhere doesn't mean much.

Comment

1. Nope, not discharged. What likely happened is the agency has sent the debt to the student loan guarantor who now has the right to collect.

2. Maybe.

3. Probably note, if the settlement is reasonable and you can afford it, TAKE IT. The odds of actually winning at trial are less than 1 in 10.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X