loan during BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

loan during BK

I currently have a federal student loan for 17g. Its been in deferment pretty much since i finished school; Ive probably only made a couple payments on it before i deferred again. I was told i could not discharge it in BK. What happens if you just keep deferring it? Cant they eventually make you pay it back?

My next question is we plan on filing Ch.7 on Friday. I however would like to go back to school in the spring so that I can get my BA and get a job once my kids are all in school.
    how will this affect the bK? Am I not allowed to take out student loans before we are discharged? I hoping i will get federal loans.

* just wanted to correct myself and say that the loan is with Direct loans and is currently in Forbearance not deferment.
    Last edited by StEt0417; 12-28-2010, 05:59 PM. Reason: correction

You should not have problems getting your federal loans during your BK. I had to sign some extra paperwork with the university I attend, but besides that there was no problems with the lender.

Also if you are in school you should be able to defer your other loans. I would check with your lender of those loans. I went back to school in 2002 for 2 semesters. I ended up taking a job and left school. I ended up going back in 2008 and that loan went back into deferment. I graduate at the end of 2011 or I may push the graduation back one semester to the Spring of 2012 and my loan from 2002 will be in deferment until I graduate.
    Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
    341 meeting on 5/28/2010
    Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X