Wells Fargo Private Student Loan After Chapter 13 Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo Private Student Loan After Chapter 13 Discharge

Chapter 13 bankruptcy discharged in February of 2011.....I have/had a private student loan with a co-signer with Wells. The loan began in 2004 as $25000 and due to interest before I filed is now $35000. I received a letter from Wells Fargo stating the balance was due in full immediately. This doesn't worry me because I'd contacted them during my bankruptcy and was told a payment plan could be set up and/or I could settle.......
    I was also told that no more interest would accrue after the bankruptcy by Wells. I've called them and was referred to the person who has my file and left a message and he just doesn't seem too keen on calling me back???? My question is are they just stalling me so they can sue? Was I misinformed about the interest and they are just wanting to accrue more? Does anyone have experience with this? I'm ready and able to begin paying on this, but I can't really do this if no one will call me back!
    Any advice/ experience would be great!

They wouldn't need to stall you in order to sue, as it appears that they have already defaulted you, which is why the entire amount is due. They could sue right now if they wanted to. My guess is that they aren't calling you back because they have bigger fish to fry. It appears that you want to avoid a lawsuit and are willing to make payment arrangements, so my only advice would be to keep trying to reach them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X