Key bank not reporting correct information to the bureaus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key bank not reporting correct information to the bureaus

I've made several posts on here explaining my fight with Key Bank concerning private student loans. Long story short...was paying as agreed, filed ch7, Key auto defaulted my loans. My angel of a mother (co-signer) took a home equity loan to pay off Key since they, after months of negotiations refused to re-instate my loan. I got the total payoff amount and sent them a certified check for the Full Payoff Amount, got all the documentation proving this. Last month, I see on my credit report they have my account annotated with "Settled for less than the full balance" on all 3 bureaus. Key has made it clear they won't do anything about this, even though they claim that in their computer system it shows my account was paid in full. I have sent all the letters to the bureaus asking them to correct this and haven't seen a change or heard anything. I need advice on what to do to force this. Thanks for any help or advice.

Keep on disputing, an in the meantime, add a note to your credit report that this is reporting in error.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Ok, we will see what we will see.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X