top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sallie Mae Student Loan "payed by insurance"????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sallie Mae Student Loan "payed by insurance"????

We were discharged from our Chapter 13 in August 2011. We want to start making payments to our student loans so we made the necessary calls to get the payments back on schedule. My husband's was through Direct Loans, and we had no problem contacting them and setting up payments online. My Student loan is through Sallie Mae. When I looked up my account online it said $0 balance and there was a note that read, "paid by insurance".???? I know that my insurance didn't pay for it, and it was not included in our chapter 13. When I looked up my credit report, it shows a $0 balance as well. So I called them. They have record of my last payment being December 2003. When I know my last payment was March 2010. The customer service lady said that I owe them no money.
    Now, I know that the balance on that loan is about $18,000. I just have no idea where it went. I don't want to not pay it, and have it sneak up years from now and bite me on the behind.
    Anyone have similar issues?? Any insight would be appreciated.

I've seen on other threads where Sallie Mae would dump a BK 13 loan back on the guarantee agency...unfortunately their customer service reps are in India now...I would try to actually send a cert return receipt requested letter to their HQ in Reston VA and ask point blank - what did they do with your loan...

Comment

Thank you. I think that is our next step. Our lawyer recommended the same course of action.

Comment

Thanks jbgraham - I'd love to know how it turns out...I'm an indentured servant to sallie mae myself...

Comment

Check this thread - it appears that a similar situation happened to this poster:

Good luck!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X