Medical issues and 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical issues and 341 meeting

long story short got out of the military for medical reasons after doing so accumulated massive debt on consumer and some medical, and thus we are broke and filing bankruptcy, our case is simple no asset chapter 7 my income is disability and my wife works part time due to my medical problems, I've read that the 341 is pretty simple but I suffer from PTSD pretty badliy and during high levels of stress I kinda lose it and get physically Ill, since we've filed I've been a train wreck and can only imagine how I will be on our 341 meeting to top it off our trustee had to reschedule us our meeting was next Monday but got pushed to Friday, we hired a competent lawyer who says were good and the reschedule was probably due to over crowding. I know I'm freaking probably for nothing I'm just worried I might have an episode during my meeting and mess things up.

Hi !! If your attorney says that you are good, believe him or her. They know what will fly and what doesn't. Thank you for your service. Just breathe!! The 341 meeting took us all of 5 minutes !! You will be fine. Trust in your attorney and try to stay calm. It is normal to be anxious but it is nothing to get worked up about. I did stumble on one question they asked me at the meeting - like hos long has it been since you used any of your credit cards? It had been so long that I couldn't remember. It will be fine.

Comment

Yes, believe your attorney! The vast majority of people who have posted here about being nervous about their 341 come back later and say "There was nothing to it. What was I so worried about?" I have absolutely no experience with PTSD issues, but my best advice to minimize stress is to keep telling yourself that there is nothing to worry about as long as you are not hiding any thing. You will be asked questions that you will most likely know the answers to. If you don't, you simply say you don't know. If any issue come up, your attorney can help you deal with them. Remember, nothing has to be resolved at the meeting. It is the opportunity for the trustee (and creditors in the unlikely event any show up) to ask you questions.

You may want to talk to your attorney about letting the trustee know in advance about your PTSD, so that if the worse happens, the trustee will understand what is going on. Your attorney could also ask the trustee to do what he can to make the meeting as stress free as possible. I think most good trustees try to do that anyway.

You could also go observe a 341 meeting in advance so you know what to expect.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X